Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Addiction

LasVegasLLasVegas Posts: 95
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Pain Medications
I think I am addicted to pain pills prescribed for my neck and spine issues. My tolerance level has skyrocketed.

Prescription bottle reads take 1 every 4 hours, I don't get relief and take 2 at a time.

Some times I "think" I am in pain, moreso than actual "physical" pain and find myself taking 2 or 3 pills at a time when i'm really not sure I need to but take the pills because I like the relief/feeling it gives me.

I imagine there are plenty of people on this site who share similar issues!?
advertisement

Comments

• I would let your Dr. know if you're not getting enough pain relief so he could raise your meds. You will lose track if you take 2-3 at once and don't want to run short at the end of the month. I don't know what meds you're taking but you're taking a risk of overdosing or exceeding the daily recommended dose of acetaminophen if that's in your medications.

I was only taking two pills a day and went back to my Dr. to get it increased because it wan't working for me so at least I have an option of taking 2 or 3 now and not running short. I hope you gt some increase in your meds or maybe your Dr. will change your meds if tolerance is building up to that one narcotic. My Dr. won't even prescribe instant acting meds only slow release so I don't experience any feeling other than pain relief. But really don't self medicate and contact your Dr. tomorrow about this issue. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I really think you need to have a conversation with your doctor and what is going on. What kind of med are you taking and what is the dose? There are two different types of dependency to meds. What worries me is your taking meds and your not sure you have pain if I read that right.
    Some times I "think" I am in pain, moreso than actual "physical" pain and find myself taking 2 or 3 pills at a time when i'm really not sure I need to but take the pills because I like the relief/feeling it gives me.
    The only thing I ever get from my meds is less pain, but the pain is always still there, just cut in half is all. So if your at a point that your not sure in pain anymore you need to discuss that with your doctor, before you have a more serious issue of addiction. Keep us posted let us know what the doctor says.
  • advertisement