Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

shoes

heckhheck Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:49 AM in Maintenance
any good make bands that stop over pronation, for narrow foot.

brought some joggers brooks got sciatica, $250 down drain.

any dress shoes like comfy and flat.

current have kneen water 'proof boat shoes'

need pretty shoes to replace fav. high heel shoes.

guys i in oz so brand name or online shops would be great.
advertisement

Comments

• Boat/Water shoes are the BEST - for me. My back LOVES them. But my feet sweat in them so bad that they stink REALLY bad lol So bad hubby threw them out :(

I would need to buy 1 pair a week to keep the smell away lol ;)

Plus in the winter - brrrrr - cold cold feet.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I bought my first pair of Rockports a little while ago....I cant say enough good things about them. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
  • advertisement
  • Flame0922FFlame0922 New York Posts: 2
    Yes it is sad not to be able to wear ANY size heal , last week I went out with my sister and I have these heals that are an inch maybe an inch and a half , my husband asked me if I was really going to wear them and me being stupid wore them. Somehow my heal got caught up in the rug , I want hanging out of the car door and I am twisted and my sister who has 2 plutonium knees and she ihas chronic pain like I do, she is 55 and I am 62. What I have learned from this is wear FLATS , I was very stupid to wear heals, so I wear Sketchers and shoes of that sort.
  • Sketchers with GogaMat insoles are the best, most comfortable shoes I have ever had. Not the memory foam ones, those disappointed me 2 or 3 times before I learned to just stop getting them. GogaMat is seriously like walking on a yoga mat all day long, and they're getting closer and closer to designs I could actually wear at work per dress code!
  • hvillshhvills Suzhou, ChinaPosts: 901
    edited 11/18/2016 - 3:43 AM
    I'm not sure these would help with pronation problems but I suffer from arthritis in my toe joints and wearing a normal shoe is pure agony. So I buy online from Dr Comfort my daily walking tennis shoes which are specifically designed with extra vertical space in the toe area for people with arthritis and diabetes. They help me a LOT... and they have lots of different dress and casual styles to choose from for both men and women.
    Harry - 64 year old male...
    PLIF L4-L5-S1 due to disc degeneration... May 23, 2013
    PLIF L5-S1 due to failed fusion and broken screw... Jan 19, 2015
    Microdiscectomy, decompression L3-L4 due to herniated disc... Jan 19, 2015
  • advertisement
  • I developed foot pain but has gotten worse this year to the point all I wear is open toe and heel slippers. Burrr in the winter right and I was looking at shoes this morning I have arthritis, nerve and crooked toes so I am going to check some of your suggestions out thanks.
    Sherri
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,109

This is an old discussion created by a member no longer on the forum so I am closing it.

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.