Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Actipatch?

TracyLynneTTracyLynne Posts: 599
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:52 AM in Pain Management
Has anybody tried one of these yet? I decided to order a couple and see if they give me some relief with low back/SI pain.

Tracy
advertisement

Comments

• I haven't tried it yet but saw it advertised on TV and was thinking of getting it especially if it works for you. I hope it helps! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I think they take a bit of the edge off, but I've still got brutal spasms going on. For $30.00, I don't mind wearing it to see if there is any further improvement!

Tracy
  • advertisement
  • I got 2 month supply and a 7 day patch and a bonus elbow or ankle patch also and free shipping for $70. I hear it works for back pain and sciatica and I also have a bad elbow it may help.

Tracy-Did your patch work for you? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Tracy, I've had good luck w/just Valium, 5 mg, for back spasms. I know that we both have SI issues, but for me, all the corresponding muscles get pulled in. Also, after an RFA procedure, the muscles can spasm at the sites of needle insertion. This sometimes goes all the way up to my neck in the form of tightness and headache.
  • I can't believe this actipatch belt is helping my back pain so much! I'm packing slowly and have to move some things tonight well the guys are doing the heavy lifting but that gnawing , burning pain in my back has been under control. I like this actipatch belt though it's expensive I think it's worth the cost and no they're not paying me to say this nor try to advertise the thermal infrared platinum heating pad but my herniated disc did heal and it's such a comfort after 3-1/2 years of chronic pain. Just another "tool" in the shed helping..Charry
  • advertisement
  • I've been researching Actipatch and it uses low frequency pulsed electromagnetic frequency and is used to relieve chronic pain and also used for post surgeries for rhinoplasty and other minor operations for healing.

A Bone Growth stimulator is high frequency Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy for bone growth.

Similar except for low or high frequency with Acticare patch being low pulsed for healing chronic pain or controlling it and is not for bone growth because of the low frequency.

I started wearing my Actipatch today so hope it helps with chronic pain. Anyways hust interesting to read about the similarities between BGS and PEMT( Pulsed Electromagnetic Field therapy) and the use of this for chronic pain with a difference in frequency...CG
  • I have been using this for the last month and can't believe it has helped. I am still on gabapentin, oxycodone, but it makes doing things a lot easier to bear. I have been walking a lot more without being in agony. I'm planning a trip to Disney land this summer and will certainly be using it there
    Thoracic disc graft t9 t 10 dec 2013
    Spinal decompression t9 t10 sept 2014
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.