Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Severe neck pain after ACDF operation in September 2010

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    Had my first 2 level anterior in 2006 - revised in 2008 to a 3 level anterior - posterior - cage .... been dealing with varied level of pain for about 10 years .... Spinal Surgery (#*&%@(#%@*#%&@(#*&% !

And now I have lumbar issues also.

I pray for us all.

d
  • susabellssusabell Illinois Posts: 241
    No I don't believe you have the "Old Fashioned" surgery, that is what my Pain Dr. said to me. What a dumb thing to say, he has scared me to death. I agree with you God Bless Us All. This is not easy to deal with by any means. I am also having lumbar issues as well, just feeling like I am falling apart from top to bottom! I hope you are feeling better and I appreciate your help.
    ACDF C4-C7 5/13/2010. Synthetic Bone Graft Failed Fusion.
    PCF C4-C7 8/13/13. Rods and Screws Fused in 3 Months with Autograft.
    C6-C7 Spineous process Surgically Shaved Off 3/11/14.
    Sciatica 3/11/16 Left Leg prescribed Medrol Pack 6 days also Physical Therapy.
  • advertisement
  • I have only a one level ACDF 4-5, 5/2010, but initially fell and had 2 other cervical fx,a T5 fx and L345 as well.Other ortho trauma too.

The pain in my shoulder and arm are improved from the initial damage, but have continous burning there that seems to be what I will be living with.

Regarding posture, I starting taking a gentle yoga class at the YMCA. It's specifically for those with mobility issues, or surical or injury recovery. It has helped more than anything I've tried in the last year, and I was taking Oxycontin 15mg twice a day,with 3 or 4 Percocet for the break through pain.

I have weaned myself off the opiates, take Tramodol in the mornings. It's the worst time after being still for so long. I still have pain, some days lots, but the opiates weren't working anymore, so I move as much as I can, and really do concentrate on my posture. For me it helps, and any bit of relief goes a long way.

I never thought I would have good days again, but now I do, and it's incredible to me. I hope that all of you may get some relief from your efforts.

Dee