Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

An Officer and a Gentlemen

Comments

• Brenda, vacuum & spineys don't mix!
    Of course your back is gonna scream at you.
    Yep, I am a mama x2, had a nice relaxing day. Hubby cooked, served & cleaned dinner mess! Couldn't deal with going out, crowds and always feel awkward in restaurants, getting up & moving about, you know what I mean.
    I got Black Swan yesterday VIA nextflix and hoping to watch it later on tonight. Hoping its as good as I've heard.

V

Ps can't imagine doing that type of training, good for you & thank you for your service! I have so much respect for our military especially our females who let the boys know we are capable of doing the job.
  • Ms. Virginia,

Couldn't agree more, but try and get the hubby to vacuum?? hehe.. He would just vacuum around the cat toys, boots on the floor etc. (G) Same for mopping! I will have to tackle that over the next few days...pout!

As for the training and such. There were parts of it that I hated, but I knew I needed it should I go down at sea. Same for survival training - eating bugs, worms, making fires and such without man made aides and so forth. Once we merged as Homeland Security, we started doing a lot of cross training with the military. They would teach us their present tactical tactics, and we would teach ours - for instance urban settings - hitting houses and searches and such. A win win for both sides I think. :)

Your hubby sounds wonderful! That was so nice of him to make this day special for you. Once in a while mine does that too. See ever since we dated, we had a 'rule'.. whoever cooked, the other cleaned - most times that still works! (G) This way neither or us were stuck with the whole shabang! Happy Mothers Day my dear friend!!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Absolutely!! Nothing but thanks, praise and respect for anyone currently serving or or those who have ever served in the military!! =D>

Brenda--I don't think I would have made it through that training!! Wow!! I would have flipped out! :jawdrop:
  • Outofcontrol,

I didn't mind the airplane dunker much as just like in the movie, it was "just you" in the simulated aircraft. The one I hated was the helicopter dunker. Picture a big green beer can with holes for windows and doors. It is on a vertical cable system suspended above the pool. It then "drops" us onto the surface of the water, and starts to roll over and sink. We aren't allowed to begin egress until it stops moving.

Many times there were 8 of us in the 'cabin' area and of course two pilot positions up front. Based on the 'dunk' scenario, you would have to all egress out a specific door, the closest window or even work your way to the cockpit and out. Not a problem when it's just you, but now put 7 other people, some of whom are freaking out, and it can get really interesting....(G) Oh, and we did 4 of them to qualify - two visual, and two blind folded - much, much worse than the airplane dunker.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement