Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

So depressed and...

Comments

• Hi,
    I read with interest your feelings of depression and isolation and pain... I identify with you, as I have no support except from my husband and a few friends that do not live near me. I think being alone is the hardest thing, with no one to stop in to just say hi, or invite me out for coffee or whatever. I have found this site to truly be a gift, as everyone here understands and will offer to share their thoughts and prayers.
    I have tried to make new friends, but this is a very country area, and if you didn't grow up here, people are just not interested in getting to know you....sad but true. If I get SSD, we will have a little more to work with, and hope to move to a more "neighborhood friendly" place. With having to give up unemployment to file for SSD, money is tight. As I just had to re-do a C5-C7 cervical fusion that didn't heal properly, (did front and back this time) I am truly trapped in the house all day - Thank God for my dog - he truly is my best friend! He never judges, and is always so close to me that I have to be careful not to trip over him!
    I thank God for HIS support and love....people can be cruel, but animals have a different bond.
    I hope you are feeling ok today, and pray that your misery will come under control. Will be checking your posts and will be here, as are the others to try to offer some help and friendship.
    Frannie
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    ...for me! All the feedback...with people truly understanding and may be comforting or may be challengeing me to a new perspective and or new behavior on my part... everyone here..priceless! and I'm so grateful.
    Thank you Frannie for sharing your aloneness, also. It helps me so much to be able to then think about you and others..pray..and share in others' lives.. not just me..me..me.
    I so want to be connected to others and I feel like you just sat down and shared over a cup of coffee. :)
    Best of luck to you in all you are dealing with.
    Hopefully, things will not be too painful as you navigate through life's new challenges.
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • HI,
    I'm glad that you feel connected thru this site...I know I do, and though I don't really know anyone, I think of it as "friends from a distance" - the ones you speak with now and then, but they are the ones who make you feel like no time has passed since the last conversation! I think I appreciate my new online friends more than my old friends/co-workers who say they will call and don't, say they will visit and don't. They're too busy... I hope they never experience what we do, though if they did, they would not treat us like they do. We all need to be uplifted, not disappointed and feeling left out, ya know?
    You have so many issues and I know you are fighting hard to keep your self respect and your sanity through all of these challenges, but you will succeed!
    All of us on site believe in you and wish you well... what an understanding group of people we are! And if it wssn't for all of our issues, we may have been the less than understanding friends that we all have. We have a gift to give each other, and that is the gift of listening and understanding, even if we can't do anything about the problems our bodies have. We can be here.. I will watch for more of your posts and I'll be keeping an eye on you!
    Try to enjoy the day :)
    Frannie
    If I could stop by and have a coffee and some chit chat, I would, but we will have to use this site instead!