Hey folks, I had Axialif on my L5-S1 in Nov 08, has not gone well at all. My surgeon and I have been waiting out very slow bone growth, used a bone stimulator, but now after 2.5 yrs he is calling this a classic non-union, and recommends revision surgery to re-attempt fusion.
I am seeking a second opinion of course, but curious if others had similar problems with Axialif.
I did see Grahams thread that talked about the facet screws, which I had, now have been replaced w 2 pedical rods. I think that is where my ache is, where the small facet screws are. Pain has worsened considerable, cannot get through the day. Do not want to increase meds, hate taking that stuff.
Wondering if anyone has a surgeon recommendation in greater Boston. I need help fast.
Thanks for reading