Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Coffee with ALEX - We need more daytime chatters !!!!!

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    I misunderstood - NEVERMIND!!

d!!
  • Maybe I'll try the chat......I'm a relative newbie, though. Best chance to see me is after 5 PM, though (eastern time zone), as I'm still working.

Charlie
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    during daytime hours is a great idea. Since many of us come from different parts of this country and from around the world, finding the one right time for everyone is difficult.

So, there is no reason, CHAT can not be active all day long. This way it can catch all different time zones and also catch people who are a bit more active during day time hours.

Personally, even though I am online many daylight hours, I will tend to stay away from CHAT. Most of the time, when I stop into CHAT, people think its because there is a problem and I am monitoring or checking things out.

Sure, there are many times when we need to do that. But, I dont want anyone to feel they are being watch or feel like they have to behave just a little bit better. Trust me, I am 100% behind this, a let loose, let your hair down environment. I spent several years nightly there back in 2006 and 2007 and have always appreciated what it can mean to our daily lives.

So, please get into CHAT jump into one of the rooms and have a ball
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    Well folks ... for those who maybe interested and available ... How about we try a couple of target times during the day to "meet" and chat.

Silly (and kinda sad) as it sounds ... I find my life currently revolving around what is on the blessed "boob tube" (as it was loving called in my youth) and I dont have cable or dish and like 500 zillion channels anymore.

So the "soft patches" in the central time programming are around 11:00am and 2:00pm M-F central time.

How about we target those times to start??

It has been suggested that maybe once a week we have a special day set aside for a targeted subject. Let me know if we are interested and we can try to roll that into what we do.

Always open to suggestions and ideas to add to the mix of benefits that we derive from this forum.

I am booking those times in outlook .... I'm pretty much open as it stands now.

Trying to get a life again,

Warmest regards to all,

Another Dave (d)
  • I have yet to try chat, but I am game.

I really like the idea Dave, of setting aside a time/day to focus on a certain subject.

Looking forward to it, count me in.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • I was in there yesterday morning and nobody showed up" i even wore clean underwear, I just drank all the cofee myself.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
    Target time today is 11:00am Central in about 2 hours from now .... all are welcome !!!

d
  • I`ve have to agree about chat. The few times I`ve been forunate to find someone in chat,I`m so happy,I can hardly chat!(anyone who knows me in there,know`s how slow I am at typing)LOL! Even the few months I felt pretty good, I would come into chat. The forums are wonderful,so much experiance,nothing like people who are going through spine issues. As a rule,I will check chat, soon as I come into SH. Anyone who hasn`t,I just gotta say"Come on in"! I think when you do, you`ll be happy you did. WE SPINEY`S ROCK!!!I`ve never been disappointed I did. I just miss everyone I haven`t chatted with! If that means,everyone is on the mend or well,that`s wonderful!!! But I still miss everyone! Please PM me,let me know how things are goings! TC,Hugz to all, PS.Alex,I still need advice on dancing!!!
  • I`ve have to agree about chat. The few times I`ve been forunate to find someone in chat,I`m so happy,I can hardly chat!(anyone who knows me in there,know`s how slow I am at typing)LOL! Even the few months I felt pretty good, I would come into chat. The forums are wonderful,so much experiance,nothing like people who are going through spine issues. As a rule,I will check chat, soon as I come into SH. Anyone who hasn`t,I just gotta say"Come on in"! I think when you do, you`ll be happy you did. WE SPINEY`S ROCK!!!I`ve never been disappointed I did. I just miss everyone I haven`t chatted with! If that means,everyone is on the mend or well,that`s wonderful!!! But I still miss everyone! Please PM me,let me know how things are goings! TC,Hugz to all, PS.Alex,I still need advice on dancing!!!
advertisement