Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Shouldn't put this here, but need quick responses please

Comments

• 1000 mg vit c daily helps me a lot for both flue type probs ,but also energy levels.Thats what those Berocca losenges are full of,& they are for an energy boost.
    Worth your experimentation.Not very expensive,any excess leaves body very quicky,so no build up.
    All the best.
  • I have adrenal insufficiency, which causes me to have extreme fatigue, due to the fact that I don't make cortisol normally. I was diagnosed with AI about one year before I started having spine issues. I have had quite a few epidurals with steroids, which can suppress your own adrenal function. That and the stress of several spine surgeries have left me producing virtually no cortisol.

I have to take a replacement dose of hydrocortisone everyday. I have learned that the adrenal glands need all B vitamins, as well as vitamin C to function properly. I was also told to eliminate caffeine completely, as it depletes cortisol.

You could also have your cortisol level checked to make sure that your adrenal gland is working properly.

Take care,

SG
  • advertisement
  • Glad to hear you're checking in with the doc. I know you've been on your painkillers for quite some time, but they are both sedating drugs as well. It's probably a combination of all kinds of things going on by the sounds of it.

I wouldn't go adding a bunch of supplements until you make sure it's okay; there are some vitamins that can't be taken within two to four hours of medications, so it's worth talking to your doc and pharmacist about all those things.

Take care and keep us posted!

Tracy
  • Hi, While I was in my doctors office I was looking at a magazine and there was an advertisement in there that is supposed to help you with being tired, excessive sleeping, etc.... It's called Nuvigil I believe it's by a prescription.

URL Removed by Administrator Dave
  • I take NuVigil because the Oxy and Savella make me sleepy.

Cath--I think a complete check up is a great idea!!
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.