Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

has anyone tried the elecric cigs yet

advertisement

Comments

• I had to quit smoking prior to cervical surgery. It was very difficult for me. I asked my surgeon and he said e cigs were ok. So I use them so I don't smoke any more. My surgery went well and I am fully fused. They are an alternative to smoking which is very bad for healing. Thank goodness for them. For me, they helped me to quit for good. I haven't smoked a cig in 3+ years!
  • epidural3eepidural3 Posts: 10
    edited 04/17/2014 - 10:14 AM
    Just have to put in my 2 cents.
    We all know how bad it is. We also know how hard it is to quit. I was told by a DR. it is harder than heroin to quit.

I will only admit to 20 plus years because I'm so embarrassed by this addiction. I was tired of admitting my addiction everytime it came up at the Dr.'s office. I was tired of making "special trips" to the store because I didn't stock up. I was tired of watching the price increase by leaps. I was extremely agitated by the fact the government was making money from my addiction, and I felt too weak to stop my habit. After constant bronchial infections and sinus congestions I decided the last smoke in the pack was MY LAST SMOKE.
    As I am sensitive to many medications, and listening to all those side effects of meds like Chantix, I jumped on the Ecig wagon and never looked back. The start up was about 50$ and I just added here and there. I started with 12% and ended with 6%.
    I don't "vape" everyday anymore. When I feel the stress building, I will take a few hits. Seems to do the trick for now. It takes care of the oral fixation for me. I no longer wake up with a full head of congestion [ what was I thinking?] and I can breath deeper now. The money I spent on smokes now goes for things I want, like new shoes [ without the guilt]
    If you are even thinking about quitting, don't discount Ecigs.
    I think what turned me off about patches was how sick you could get if you had a smoke. I bought the big box of gum but it tasted bad to me.
    However if any of these things help you to quit, go for it!
    I just had very good luck with e cigs.
    Oh, and I also have to say something is wrong when the powers that be want to regulate something that will help you kick the habit. It's just crazy.

I'm back to add before I sign off, I stuck with one brand because it was OK. My advice is if you want to persue ecigs,try multiple brands if the first doesn't suit you. The web has a lot of forums for advice.
    Good luck, and success!
    chris
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.