Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I'm pretty sure I broke my nose

snookiessnookie Posts: 358
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:53 AM in Chronic Pain
My nose is now crooked, and hurts like hell!! I was hanging a painting Friday night, an old and heavy one, and it didn't hang, bounced and ended up on my nose. It really hurt.

I didn't/don't want to go to the ER, we have at least an 8h wait here, and I think that would cause more pain than my nose(from my back). So I came on to vent!!

Does anyone know, if they cab reset it? If not, it's not the of the world, judt take some getting used to.
advertisement

Comments

• Ouch, that had to hurt :( Sorry you had that happen!

I'm not positive, but I think they can set a broken nose, but I have no idea of there is a time that you need to have it done by to avoid problems.

I hope you're able to get in touch with or in to see someone that can help you with it. Take care and good luck!
  • I know several people who had their nose broken. Some went to the Drs some did not. Some of those who went to a Dr were told if it did not bother them or their breathing then to leave it be.

BUT I would at least get a x-ray in case there is more damage then you realize right now.

If you can breath laying down and setting up, maybe wait until Tuesday and ask your PCP to call in a order to your local hospital for a x-ray so you don't have to sit & wait so long. Just a thought ;)

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • advertisement
  • PS: I don't know of anyone who had their nose reset awake.
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • I would go get it reset - yes they can reset the nose many times. I didn't 30 years ago when I broke mine, and thanks to that action (lack of) on my part, as my ENT puts it, I "have a hell of a deviated septum". I've been putting off since then surgery to fix it. I can't breath much out of the left nostril, and when allergies kick in, that gets old fast!

The result (cosmetically wise) of breaking mine, crooked nose, and a slight bump half way up it. Most likely once I know what the spine surgery situation is, I will knuckle down and get 'er fixed'... Anyways...that is my broken nose scenario and result. I hope it is just swelling making it look crooked for you Snookie. *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Sorry to hear about your nose. How painful. Yes it can be fixed and get it done right away a plastic surgeon can fix it. Hugs. Charry

Brenda-I've had surgery for a deviated septum and because I didn't use nasal steroids right away after surgery I had scar tissue and had to get surgery again 2 years after! It wasn't so bad and way worth it to breath again and get no more sinus infections. A little uncomfortable like usual after surgery and the tip of my nose was numb and my upper mouth was numb too for 6 months after but all is normal now. It was so worth it. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • My left nostril basically feels 'constantly' plugged like when you have a cold. I've just been *avoiding* surgery figuring, it's not so bad. But it is getting more and more annoying and disruptive. Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated. :)

I've looked on YouTube to see what the surgery entails, and funny as this sounds, the surgery doesn't seem so bad, but (ouch-ewww) getting the cotton strips removed - gross! (G)

My ENT is the one that realized that my C6 vertebra is moving (that dang crack), and too of course the deviated septum. I knew I had one, but didn't realize it was/is chocking off half of my noses job - breathing!!! Thanks again. *HUG*

Snookie, so now you have it, me who did nothing, and the result, and Charry (an RN) and too who did have the surgery. You are not past the point of no return if you did in fact break your beak!! :)

Brenda
  • Thanks everyone. I didn't manage to make it to the Dr's today, it was an aweful day at work. I didn't get lunch, and I was there late. I am determined to go tomorrow. My nose is driving me crazy!! It's been running since it happened, I'd be busy, and wipe it without being careful enough. OUCH!! I have a nasty headache going up from my nose into my forehead. I hate being clumsy!!
  • Snookie,

Do you have the classic 'Raccoon Black Eyes' yet? That was a pretty (not) visual side affect of my broken nose! (G)

Brenda
  • No black eyes, which makes me hope that it isn't broken, does anyone know, do you always get black eyes with a broken nose? It definatley isn't straight, and is still swollen. I had a lot of funny looks, and the guys were all laughing when I told them what happened. I should of been more creative, came up with some sort of story. Only problem is I blush when I lie.
  • Oh Megan, that sounds so painful!!! I hope that it isn't broken too, but get into the doc quick!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.