Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Lots of neck problems!

Comments

• Hello,

Yes, I do trust this surgeon.....it's just my spine that doesnt like me, like everyone here. Hopefully this will be the last one....but I said that before....and before that time, too, etc. :-P

Charlie
  • Charlie,

Hopefully 'sooner' will be the word of the day soon. Myelopathy is nothing to play with. You now have a trusted surgeon, you're comfortable with the idea of having surgery now, and there is a game play of action.

As for folks on here, you nailed it! A great place and wonderful folks "who get it" as they say. :)

(glad to see the mods got that spam crap out of your thread)

Brenda

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • Thanks for the info :)
  • Hey again Everyone,

I have a couple things and would like to know what you think.....I have been noticing that I have been dropping things more frequently as this progresses, more clumsiness/off-balance/bumping door frames and such, also more numbness in the left hand and getting harder to fully straighten the fingers after holding things---and of course, the pain. Is this stuff "commonplace?"

Not liking it! :-(

Charlie

• Yes, I believe these are all symptoms of cervical spine problems.

Are you being 'watched' by a doctor.
    Make sure that they know that your symptoms are increasing, especially about the off balance and bumping into door frames. I have that too, and my neurosurgeon told me yesterday that if it increases to become common place, I should contact them.

Not liking it either! :(

Hey, I just saw that you have surgery scheduled for 25th July, so they have already decided that surgery is necessary.

I am still in the 'watching and waiting' stage.

• advertisement
  • Hi Jelly!

Yes, surgery is July 25th......Pre-op appts are 7/7 at both the Neuro's office and the hospital afterward--also have to have a vocal chord evaluation 7/11 to assess those....so the ball is rolling, at least! :-)

Hope you are doing okay!

Charlie

• I will be thinking of you and really feeling for you. :-)

I am doing okay.
    No plans for surgery at the moment, and they are going to 'watch and wait' to see how things progress.
    I am being sent to Pain Management - don't like the sound of the epidural injections. Have you had any of those, and if so, did they help?

I have to have nerve conduction studies and have had x-rays in various positions. Awaiting the results of those.

I am still having various symptoms, which I am now trying to ignore and pretend I am fine.

Charlie, I really hope that this surgery will place you in a position where you can get back to your life.

:-)
  • Hey Jelly,

Thanks a million for your thoughts, and am thinking of you as well! I considered the epidurals also, but it really sounded like a crap-shoot at best. Then after I went to Neuro's office a couple weeks ago and spoke of my increasing symptoms, they said that wouldn't be a feasable option because of the levels of damage, anyway. Really, it's pretty much, "fix it, or risk being in a wheelchair later".

I am still working---I'm a school bus driver in New York State, today was the last day of school! :-)
    But I want to continue to work as long as I can, but I do worry that I may not be able to do that the rest of my career; I have been doing this for 10 years and I truly love it. However, they are not completely comfortable--but they're better now than they ever used to be.

But anyway, I hope you are feeling better and I do hope everything goes well for you......you're in my thoughts! :-)

Charlie
  • Sorry to hear you are starting to get the "butter finger"(s) going on. My right hand will always be like that, but now my left is starting to do that, and too my handwriting is now suffering the changes.

Make sure you let your doctor know of these changes. I think I read somewhere that you were about to have surgery? If so, hopefully most of your symptoms will be resolved with it. Support *HUGZ* to ya!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement