Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Now what ?????

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
I had a MRI of the thoracic region done Sat. After the test was completed and they rolled me out of the machine the radiologist stated he completed the reading of my films and that he was in the process of trying to reach my doctor. He wanted to know if my doctor had a number that he could reach me at. First of all I have never had my test read on the same day as my MRI. The person that did the test told me to hang tight because they were calling a radiologist over to read my test. That concerned me. Now what is going on? They told me if I did not hear from my doctor Sat. that I needed to call him first thing Monday morning.I am scared to death it is something serious. Gee thanks for letting me worry all weekend, I wish they would not of said anything at all to me.
Monday seems as if it will never get here.
Susan
advertisement

Comments

• I feel so bad for you!

No idea what is going on, but I can't imagine how stressful the waiting is for you. Sometimes the techs say things without thinking about the worry they will cause. The statement about "calling your doc first thing Monday morning if you hadn't heard from him," would have freaked me out!

Are you comfortable enough with your doctor to call the emergency on call number to explain what was said and let them know how much anxiety this has caused? Would you get your doc, or would there be partners that share weekend call?

Let us know what you learn.
  • I too am very sorry for the worry you must be feeling. I agree that if you have an emergency number to call, I would do that to ease the wait time till Monday.

Wishing you all the best.Thinking of you. Please let us know how you make out when you are able.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • Suzan,

That is truly odd they would say that to you. Good thing is Monday is not far off. I am afraid calling your surgeon he/she may not be the on call surgeon this weekend and won't have the images in front of you. But I would most certainly be on the phone first thing tomorrow AM. If your surgeons office has a message machine that you can call and leave a message I would do that. Also you might want to try and fax over a short letter as to why your so concerned and what happened. Sometimes they nurses may just think your trying to get your images read prior to the appointment or the images just get filled in your file till the appointment date. Keep us posted on what you find out.
  • It could be that because you have had extensive work done & they may have never seen a person or done an MRI on a spine with as much work as yours, that *they* were the ones freaked out. I do understand your concerns however, but we all know that stress won't help a thing. I hope your Dr gets wind of this and can call early tomorrow, but in the meantime I hope you can try to relax your mind.

• Just checking in with you. Were you able to get
    a hold of your doctor today?

adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    I called my Dr office first thing this morning and they said as soon as the Dr goes over the test he will call you back. I havent heard anything. Im going crazy with worry. If I still have not heard anything today I will go pick up a copy of my MRI myself. I work for a phy. so with one click of the mouse I would of been able to pull up the MRI report but with the consequences of losing my job if I got caught. So needless to say I did not, but was very tempted. I will let everyone know what it says as soon as I know
    Susan
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    I called my Dr office first thing this morning and they said as soon as the Dr goes over the test he will call you back. I havent heard anything. Im going crazy with worry. If I still have not heard anything today I will go pick up a copy of my MRI myself. I work for a phy. so with one click of the mouse I would of been able to pull up the MRI report but with the consequences of losing my job if I got caught. So needless to say I did not, but was very tempted. I will let everyone know what it says as soon as I know
    Susan
  • Yes you definitely don't want to jeopardize your career over this. If it was something real critical, they wouldn't have let you leave the hospital. It's good that they are taking things seriously and are not sitting on their laurels, it is unfortunate how they went about everything though. Stay strong and let us know what you find out.

"C"
  • I had the reverse happen to me recently with a Heart Stress test. The technician told me after the test that the Dr would be calling me in a couple of days to congratulate me on how well I did. I had the stress test because my brother had a massive coronary and died in April. I wanted to be able to tell my family not to worry.
    I didn't hear from my Dr for a week but I had my monthly pain management appointment scheduled so I just waited thinking everything was fine. When the Dr walked in he said we need to get you to a Cardiologist as soon as possible. Both my EKG and my stess test were abnormal and indicated left ventricle hypokenisis with a EF of 42% which is well below normal.
    I go in tomorrow to have a Heart Cath to determine the cause and hope it is correctible.
    Hope you got better news.
    laminectomy c4/c5 2008, ACDF c4-c7 Jan 20 2014 sched
  • Sorry that you received bad news. Hope that all goes well for you tomorrow, and it is an easy fix.

adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.