Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Depression, anger, and not safe to drive

Comments

• This was taken a month before we found she had bone cancer. You can kind of see that her left elbow is a little large.

Hopefully my mishap was due to not being used to driving the Matrix, I drive a Maxima SE. All of our vehicles are stick so there is the possibility that I have to trade my car in for an automatic. Unless I can talk my mom in to selling me her auto Matrix. His name is Gus. Our's is Trinity. :-)
  • I love the picture of your cat. And what a good reminder for a survivor. I know how anxious one can get before surgery. Seems thats all your mind focuses on. I have had 3 fusions in 4 years with the most recent one in march. Its a tough recovery and am still on pain meds. I don't like to drive with them, even tho it is nothing heavy duty. My mind just seems to be somewhere else, like on my pain!! I take anti-depresants too, have for years and really need them after all the surgeries and the change to my life.
    I take the bus to work, altho sometimes not comfortable for sitting (I squirm alot) I love the time it gives me to read). I commend you for staying away from the alcohol. It really doesn't help in the long run. Good luck and keep everyone posted on how you are doing.

Jani

Spinal stenosis, spondolysis, spondolythesis, L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion with instrumentation and bone graft from hip, L1/S1 fusion with replacement disc put in and a nice bolt from my spine to my pelvis; PT, accupuncture, prolotherapy, many cortisone injections, 4 rhizotomies. Currently on tramadol.
    L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • advertisement
  • Hi Ruth -
    How are you today? Just wanted to say hello & tell you what a great photo that is. What would we do without our furkids? BB, my younger dog, just came to me to give me a kiss on her way to 'her' loverseat. We had to buy another one for me. Spoiled dogs? Probably. I'd prefer to think of them as well loved!
    Love it that your cars have names. Ours do too. Our Element is named Watson (Element-ary my dear Watson), my red pt cruiser is named Agnes. My Mother had a red-headed friend named Agnes (nickname was Reds) who swore her hair color was natural. It was when she was younger, in her 80s it was ummm, optic orange might be the best description. She was a character!
    Have a blessed day & take care,
    Pat
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis
  • Yes our four legged kids are very important. My 5 cats are VERY spoiled but they always seem to know when I am down and need a little loving. They are all characters. I could write a book!!

Jani

Spinal stenosis, spondolysis, spondolythesis, L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion with instrumentation and bone graft from hip, L1/S1 fusion with replacement disc put in and a nice bolt from my spine to my pelvis; PT, accupuncture, prolotherapy, many cortisone injections, 4 rhizotomies. Currently on tramadol.
    L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Yep they do make your life calmer. My little girl just loves her mommy and drools when she is very happy. We also have two dogs, a husky and chow mix, who are shedding right now. ~X( The chow is trying to get her dreadlocks on. :-)

Today I had my OBGYN and mammo done to get that out of the way. And I realized that some of the pain issues I've been having in those areas are probably due to the nerves. Yes, shooting pain usually for me is when the nerves are being pinched. Doh! I have a real headache right now which may be due to the stress ~X( or my C5-6 disk is acting up. Sheesh! The only thing with my work is that doctor's appts are not sick leave they are considered personal and that has to be made up. So I guess I'd better log into my computer at work and try to make up some of the time today. Ugh!
  • advertisement
  • Can't believe you have to take doctor's visits as personal time. But yes our furkids do help with stress. I have 5 cats, 2 belonged to my mother before she passed away. One is 18 and he is getting alzheimers. He is a real character. Actually they all are, they have their own unique personalities. All my cats (including my mothers) are shelter cats and I think they make the best pets. Right now everyone is asleep (I am home on a day off) and that looks like a good thing to do too - take a nap!!

Jani

• I have the handyman coming out tomorrow to see what he can do to get the master bathroom handicap accessible and try to fix the floor. i think there is a leak behind the shower that has started rotting the floor. the joys of owning a home. :sigh:

So that will be nice to get that out of the way. we haven't been able to use our shower due to that issue.

60 days and counting to the surgery. My husband is wondering if I should get a second opinion about doing a fusion, because he is worried about problems, maybe I have to be in a wheel chair and severely change his life. I don't think he has realized that his life has already been changed. And I think by doing the surgery now instead of waiting till I'm worse will make my recovery and success much better.
  • I agree Ruth, about having the surgery now, that is of course if you have reached that point. I always put that stipulation in, though it is nothing personal and only the way that I view surgery (as a whole).

It's great that you are having your bathroom/shower, redone and that will definitely make things easier for you in the grooming dept. :))) . I would love to have my bathroom redone with one of those new walk-in shower stalls that you can sit in and fill it up like a tub too if you wish-lol. It sounds odd I know, but it looks like it would feel divine.. 8>
  • Oh yes I am with you for one of those walk-in shower tubs. I have a handrail on my tub (which is a tub/shower) so that helps but it is a jacuzzi tub, which is great but also higher and i am really short!! Oh well. Can't win em all.

Jani

• George was out today and will get us an estimate on doing the changes we've asked him to do. He's booked for the next month but thinks that this will only take him a couple of days to do it so can work us in before my surgery. My husband and I were discussing why I didn't try to get a second opinion and we have decided that I will make an appt with the surgeon so that my husband can ask more questions. That should help him feel better. my surgeon specializes in Adult Degenerative Surgery of the Spine, Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Spine, General Orthopaedics, and Fracture Care. He is board certified and has a fellowship and has done two mission trips to Ghana to do surgery and training. So he isn't just a bloke off the street.
advertisement