Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Grade 2 Spondylolisthesis (L4-L5) and scoliosis

Comments

• Hi all!!

Thanks again for your support for the consultation today...the verdict is... I am to have another MRI to asses the slippage in the last two years, a CT scan and the spinal fusion L3-L5

How is everyone else doing???

xx
  • Let us know what the MRI says and when surgery is scheduled.

Jani

Spinal stenosis, spondolysis, spondolythesis, L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion with instrumentation and bone graft from hip, L1/S1 fusion with replacement disc put in and a nice bolt from my spine to my pelvis; PT, accupuncture, prolotherapy, many cortisone injections, 4 rhizotomies. Currently on tramadol.
    L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • advertisement
  • Hi all!

Sorry for the silence, I had my op on 15th November 2011 and have been on the go ever since, Surgery was bloody brilliant! Results are incredible, soooo happy, life here I come!

Just a little question...can I start working out again yet? x-trainer, running, weights etc?!?

Need a little friendly advice.

with love x

• It is wonderful to read of someone who has had such a good outcome from surgery. It must be great for your surgeon too, to have such a great result. They must be disappointed when their patients still have pain and problems.

As for if you can start working out again. None of us can advise you there. We don't know exactly what your problem was before surgery, exactly what was done during surgery, and how things look now on an x-ray. I know that you probably feel fine and so you should be able to, but please check with your surgeon. He may want you to wait a bit longer before you put the fusion area under such stress.

He knows just what the inside of your spine is like and there is no-one better to advise you.

You still have a way to go in your recovery before you are completely fused, but things sound extremely promising.

Enjoy your successful surgery! <:P <br />
  • Thank you Jelly!!!!

I am absolutely thrilled!!! Only painful thing is the healing bone graft, it was taken from the back of my pelvis, ouchie! Leaning back on anything is hilarious to anyone watching, I react like I've been kicked up the arse!

How's everything going with you???

xx
  • advertisement

• I am trying to get my head around having another fusion!

My neck is playing up and, although my pain is far less than I had from my lumbar problems, I have compression on my spinal cord that they are worried about.

It is looking almost certain that I will need a 2 level fusion at some point, but the latest neurosurgeon that I saw said that the only reason to wait is to fit in with my social calendar.

I have another appointment with the first neurosurgeon that I saw's clinic in mid April, so I am going to wait and see what they say. They have been recommending that we wait and watch, seeing me every 6 months. I don't know quite what they are waiting for, but will ask them in April.

• Crickey! You poor thing!!!

Do let me know what happens won't you!

xx
advertisement