Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Advice needed. :) Cerviical C6=C7

Comments

• Oh and get well soon. Take it easy and don't push yourself too much on that treadmill. Take care. :)
  • HI,
    I would surely look for another dr.-ASAP! Sometimes, they don't want to "step on each other's toes", but you need to find out what's going on here... I just had a re-do of fusion C5-C7, after the 1st done didn't heal properly. (surgery 5/9 for front, 5/11 for back)
    Though painful as it was, I'm better now, with pain/muscle spasms when I'm up for too long, or on the computer for awhile, but laying down for awhile with my head/neck supported eases things up. Something is wrong, and it's not just DDD...I have that, and it's an added thing, but not the cause...at least in my case. Keep looking for another dr. and don't give up!!
    Sooner or later, you will connect with one who understands what you're saying and will listen and really try to help you.. I have 4 dr's at an orthopaedic practice...3 separate body parts with problems and 1 pain dr., though all he can offer now is injections, and they don't work for me. So life is a bit slower, but for the most part, this body of mine in manageable...some days good and I can walk for awhile, other days it's not so good, but all we can do is keep trying! Hang in there!
    Frannie
  • advertisement
  • Thank you-post op appt is Monday-hopefully I'll find
    Some answers. My brother is a chiro and has also been
    Giving me some advice that has helped.
  • Frannie Page said:
    HI,
    I would surely look for another dr.-ASAP! Sometimes, they don't want to "step on each other's toes", but you need to find out what's going on here... I just had a re-do of fusion C5-C7, after the 1st done didn't heal properly. (surgery 5/9 for front, 5/11 for back)
    Though painful as it was, I'm better now, with pain/muscle spasms when I'm up for too long, or on the computer for awhile, but laying down for awhile with my head/neck supported eases things up. Something is wrong, and it's not just DDD...I have that, and it's an added thing, but not the cause...at least in my case. Keep looking for another dr. and don't give up!!
    Sooner or later, you will connect with one who understands what you're saying and will listen and really try to help you.. I have 4 dr's at an orthopaedic practice...3 separate body parts with problems and 1 pain dr., though all he can offer now is injections, and they don't work for me. So life is a bit slower, but for the most part, this body of mine in manageable...some days good and I can walk for awhile, other days it's not so good, but all we can do is keep trying! Hang in there!
    Frannie
    Thanks and i hope you get the pain manageable soon. Glad to hear that the op helped you, although sorry to hear you had to go through it twice. I saw someone, when i had to go for my lower back op who had trouble with it healing, and it was not a pretty site, or something that i would wish on anyone. Hope this one heals nicely for you and hope that it gives you the relief you deserve. And i know what you mean by going at a slower pace, sometimes practically horizontal. :)

Your right about the DDD, i have it, but i don't think it is the cause. I went to my GP and sat and told him my whole dilemma. And he is behind me 100%, and is going to make sure this mess is sorted out. If i don't get the help with the Pain Dr in a fortnight, then he is going to send me to another Clinic. So fingers crossed that it goes well. In the meantime going to try and take things easier, as lately the pain has been real bad. But hey ho, got to grin and bear it and get on with it. Thanks for listening. :)
  • Debraelizabeth said:
    Thank you-post op appt is Monday-hopefully I'll find
    Some answers. My brother is a chiro and has also been
    Giving me some advice that has helped.
    Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it all goes well. And that they tell you how to cope with it and maybe, just maybe this time they will give you the answers that you need. Good luck. :)
  • advertisement
  • HI,
    Any news on a new clinic or dr to try to help you yet?
    It's very good news that your GP is 100% behind you...
    Let us know how you're doing!
    Frannie
  • 1 month post op went well, seems the ups and down are normal
    It gets worse and then gets better gradually, I had a small set back
    When I bent over wrong to get a bag out of my trunk and neck hurt for a day or two but pain has lessoned
    And I feel so much better. My best advice is a good ice pack
    I still ice neck 3 times a day, valuim helps with muscle spasms far more than flexural
    When you start feeling good- don't go overboard, or you will set yourself back
    I believe in the power of faith abd prayer as well, I am feeling about 50% better
    And arm shoulder chest hand pain comes at times but is no longer a constant
    I'm starting weights 2-3lbs to begin restrengthen my R arm
    I was a weight lifter before accident so I did not need to go to PT
    I am off work another month to rebuild arm strength so I can use computer
    6-8 hours a day, I'm getting there.

You guys have been a Godsend to me on here
    I've felt so alone and scared through this-if anyone is pre op or post surgery
    My surgeon has given me my life back and I feel I'm well on the road to recovery
    Xoxo you guys truly are the BEST
    And I can help please email me-today I'm resting abd icing
  • Hi Fran,

Got an appointment for this Monday coming, at the same PC, but with another Dr. Hopefully this will get me some answers for a change, like an examination and a conversation this time about my pain meds, fingers crossed. As the last one did neither. Going to ask him for a second opinion on my Mri, this will probably take time, so wont know for at least a few weeks. They are mega slow here in the uk, lol. If this fails on Monday, then off to another Pc i go, sounds like one off the seven dwarfs, lol.
    Yes, glad i found my current Gp, he is a god send, only took me a whole year to find a decent Dr. :)

Hope your doing good?

I'm doing so, so, i think it's all this waiting that gets to me the most. But the Mst's (Morphine) are working. And like you i have good and not so good days, today is an inbetweeny day, lol. Laughing but sore. Will catch up with you on Monday when i get back from the pc, and will hopefully this time get some good news for a change.

Take care, speak soon. :)

• Hi Deb,
    Sorry i never e-mailed yesterday, never saw this till today. If i had would have spoken while you were icing.

Good to know that it will get better, and what your going through is to be expected. Valium does work, but in the UK they really don't like to give it, tho it's the only thing that seams to work for me. So instead they have me on the Mst's (Morphine). And glad to hear it is not constant all off the time. :) And as for icing, i already am a slave to the ice gel packs, lol.

It must be a huge frustration having done weightlifting, then being not able to. Glad also to hear that your Physical Therapy is going good. Before you know it you will be at your work and moaning about it, lol. :)

Take care, and your right about the guys, as its a relief to know that people will still listen now-a-days when so many don't want to know about the pain and frustration we all go through. Whats the saying, strangers are easier to talk too than people closer to you. The guys in this site understand, as they have all at one point felt the same. Good luck!

Keep us up to date.
    :)
advertisement