Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

l5s1 fusion

Comments

• hi,just had my staples removed today my surgeon is pleased with my out come so far,pain from surgery is getting less and i feel good.im glade to come here and post i feel it can help others suffering from back pain and thinking about surgery.im now 11 days past surgery.
  • sounds like you are doing very well so far! Good for you in deciding to go ahead with your surgery.
    I had 2 surgeries this year, a 2 level cervical fusion in January and on 5/17 I had a TLIF on L4-5
    The recovery is moving forward slowly, I think having the 2 surgeries so close together has had a bigger impact on my body that I realized it would. I had some complications with both of my operations, but overall they seem to be successful so far. Some of the symptoms have lessened and a new one has shown up. Hoping time will be the blessing.
    thanks so much for being there, this site is awesome!
  • advertisement
  • I know what you mean about 2 fusions close together. I had L4/L5 fused and then 7 months later L1 to L5. You don't get a chance to recover from the first one. I just had my 3rd fusion (L5/S1) and hope its my last!! Hope you are doing well.

Jani

Spinal stenosis, spondolysis, spondolythesis, L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion with instrumentation and bone graft from hip, L1/S1 fusion with replacement disc put in and a nice bolt from my spine to my pelvis; PT, accupuncture, prolotherapy, many cortisone injections, 4 rhizotomies. Currently on tramadol.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • Very cool to hear. Pretty soon your wife... or significant other, will be saying what mine did the other day when I asked her to put some Banalg on my back (not for the surgery; just twisted my shoulder!!!) I said, "Where's my scar start?" and she had to look really, really close to even see it. That's a 4-level surgery scar just going...going...gone!!! I'll tell you, after 30 years of pain, the worry about the surgery and all that went with it, it was great to hear. You'll be there soon and smiling away like I did. Great for you. Very cool to hear you're doing so well on day 11!!!
  • its been 24 days since my PLIF,so far i would say things are going good,only have a couple complaints my left foot is 80% numb and i cant lay down with out being in sever pain right above my tail bone and radiates down my hips and legs feels like electricity shooting.ive talked to my doc about my foot he dont seam to concerned there,but the pain while laying down is new so ill be talking to the doc about that on my next appointment,im hoping its from my spine adjusting to the screws and pins and not something more serious as nothing really seams to help releive the pain ice packs and pain killers seam to dull it to a point but it takes half the day to get relief,if i sleep in my recliner the pain is quite less
  • advertisement
  • Glad to hear things are for the most part going well. Have you tried sleeping with a wedge under your knees.It takes the stress off the back. I feel it mimics the recliner quite well and I can sleep in bed.
    Good luck.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • you're totally giving me hope,big werm. i'm coming up on posterior lumbaR fusion L5,S1 next month...so tired of being on meds for the pain. It dulls my senses and makes me feel worse. i'm simply terrified of having surgery tho...
  • werm,I want to wish you well in your reovery.I have no special "remember to do this" type things to say but it is good to hear things are working out.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.