Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pain Medication and the DEA

Comments

• Chrissysmom said:
    "bath salts"
    Can you explain please?
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Thanks for explaining that Brenda. Some fail to understand just what different agencies charters are and why,

And thanks Linda for stating the most obvious that seems to escape some here. The DEA is just that -- drug enforcement agency.

They don't make the rules, they are paid to and expected to ENFORCE them. They are the cops, not the lawyers and judges. They work for the DOJ, Department of Justice (the judges and lawyers). The DOJ does make those rules. So if you don't like the DEA checking up on your doctor. Tell the DOJ, not the DEA. Tell your senator or congress person. That will have more of a chance of changing things than yelling at the DEA.
  • advertisement
  • Kelly, there are substances sold under "bath salts" that he user then does something with, I can't remember what, and then gets high. CBC did a few stories on it, there have been a lot of cases where they end up in the ER, phycosis and overdose. I'll try and find the CBC story and I will PM you if I can find it.
  • Z06 said:
    They don't make the rules, they are paid to and expected to ENFORCE them. They are the cops, not the lawyers and judges. They work for the DOJ, Department of Justice (the judges and lawyers). The DOJ does make those rules. So if you don't like the DEA checking up on your doctor. Tell the DOJ, not the DEA. Tell your senator or congress person. That will have more of a chance of changing things than yelling at the DEA.
    Graham,

Excellent wording here Graham, excellent! Short of exigent circumstances, all arrests where via approval with a warrant. The warrant is only approved with the signature of a judge. Many times too, the State or US Attorney gave the nod as well.

This all comes about from evidence derived during an investigation, brought forward to those that would "try" the case in court. We have (for me had) to go by the "Federal Rules of Evidence", so it isn't like law enforcement is making this stuff up. Especially now a days, everything is scrutinized to a gnats ass as they say! (G)

Like you said, didn't make the rules, but have to go by them whether we liked (or agreed) with them or not. 8>

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Got them, thanks Snookie. Wow. That's right up there with the people who drink hand sanitizer.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • Numbskull said:
    Got them, thanks Snookie. Wow. That's right up there with the people who drink hand sanitizer.
    And this, right here is why no matter what law is enacted, no matter what agency enforces it, no matter what "they" do.... there is always going to be people out there willing to do stupid #$%# to get high.

And the rest of us will pay for it, just so some politician has a 30 second sound bite on the news that will have morons voting for him because he/she is "doing" something, LOL :( Voters are morons and politicians know it.
  • Hehehe... Actually a LOT of states are beating the Federal Govt. to the punch on these so called "bath soap powders", and what the idiot pile of our population has worked out for a high! (G) I know Florida is about to ban them, and I think in the news, California is on board to do the same?

I agree with you about voters and politicians! (Big grins!!!)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I wasn't on last night I was Able To Sleep almost a whole night.
    I see we are still debatig the whole DEA thing.
    Well Here is a good thought and after yesterday. I have a good Idea it's true. Here is one way the war on drugs has affected people with chronic pain.
    And that is at sometime when the goverment decided pain meds are a problem. They developed new laws and new education for the teaching of DR. And that is the teaching that pain meds are bad. And the teaching that if it's called a narrcotic it's bad. We see this thinking more so in younger DR.
    I have a great way to solve it and that would be to make a pain med that isn't a narcottic, but here is the catch. IT HAS TO WORK! Until then get the goverment out of pain control for people who are sick. I have had back problems for 26 years but not on pain meds for 26 years just on and off usually before and after a surgery and guess what yester day at the Dr. It was brought up that I might have to go under the knife again. So this is the third month on pain meds this time and the young DR and I did have a very heated conversation about narrcotics so yes this has become a problem for people in pain and yes maybe it's not the dea's fault but who do you think was in charge of the war on drugs and went to congress and said we need tougher pain med control I bet one of the mentioned agency's did have a hand in the whole mess.
  • It is so funny that you brought up bath salts, my girlfriends mom is a addiction counsler and she was telling us this story last week about bath salts I couldn't beleive it. anyone who has ever used them ( for a bath ) knows they have a very powerful smell. while she was telling us all I could think of is man that has to hurt. And it made me think of the old Cheech and Chong movie when the woman snorted ajax. And it's not funny but the thought of that movie sure made me laugh.
  • Bath salts are not really "bath salts" that is just what they are calling them. They are super dangerous. A man in our area tried to preform surgery on his own leg after using them. Hope they get them off the street soon.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.