Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nerve pain is back kicking my ass,

Comments

• You are dead on right if it's used for bad it becomes a horrible tool if it's used in ways as we are using it it's a wonderful tool!

I am really happy to have you and the others as my new internet friends and support group!
  • Ha ha i have had a great laugh and like you gimpy i felt alone also this site has really helped me in more ways than i can count! Glad to meet you!
  • advertisement
  • hi Blue,
    When i get a really angry nerve like I have had for the last 3 days I have found nothing that works well. A deep tissue massage provides temporary relief for me, but the pain quickly returns to unbearable levels when the massage stops. The narcotics work well for being able to deal with it but a drooling idiot is not the life I want to live for the rest of my life.
    When the pain is at its worst and I have gone several days without sleep sometimes I opt for Captain Morgans. ( not mixed with pills) A couple of stiff drinks subdues the pain for me but I only due this as a last resort because it is a bad habit to get into.

Many states now have medical marijuana available for chronic pain patients, where I live they are in the process of writing a law for this. Has anybody tried it? Does it do anything other than make you not care about the pain?
  • Hi maria. No its not a childish way to describe it at all. Sorry about your situation also having this kind of pain to deal with. I only lately started reading up on natural remedy to find something that helps which some do help with the muscle ache and such its just the nerve pain mostly thats hard to control with natural remedy or medication. The virgin coconut oil i been using helps a litle when massaged in deep. I read a lot on dmso and tried that after reading people use it which helps in some way also. But you have to be aware of its use for it picks up anything it comes in contact with and even what you take when using it.

There are a lot of things out there to try. I guess its same as it is with medicarion. You have to try each out to find what helps the most i guess . There are a few oils out there i am still looking to try out for at this point i got nothing to lose. There is just too many high price scams out there to sort through to find what might be actualy a benefit for the pain.

I think a combination of natural remedy for us along with lower doses of meds as long as its safe to combine it is the only way to go from here when dr,s are out of options.

Ps. Welcome to the site Maria,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Oh my now belly dancing i think i'm in hillbilly love now lol!!! i better not commit or we will end up in forum lock up haha your just to awesome Michelle and ummm crap now i cannot think oopsss get the buckets play that funkie music white boy ha!
  • advertisement
  • I take Cymbalta and Lyrica for nerve pain and couldn't go on without Cymbalta and pain meds. There are times when I can't even feel a tingle in my leg but once I'm doing too much it still hurts. I asked my Dr. for a breakthrough med because I already take Oxycontin ER already and it does help. I'm moving and packing and it's doing me in but the meds help.

Hi Jeff and welcome to SH and hope you heal from your surgery. Thanks for sharing. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry,

Thanks for both the welcoming and the healing wishes! I am sure i will heal to some degree that's for sure but nothing like i had gotten my hope's up for, I don't normally raise hope for the unknown but i did this time.

I can say in reality it did do something things that i had prayed for already like both legs hurting so bad i wanted to chop them off most of the time and one other thing i wish not to discuss but i did get those benefits. I still wouldn't do it again at least i don't think i would however without trying how else can we know if the desired will be achieved. I choose to be happy regardless of what or how life smacks me, have dealt with seizures for over twenty years and still kicking so no biggie.
  • Hi Gimpy, first of all nice to meet you :-), and yes nothing works I think we all agree with that :-S I've never opted for Captain Morgan. I was told red wine is a natural anti-inflammatory and it does work, of course without meds, I have a glass of red wine (some times more....) and it really has a relieving effect on me. Believe it or not a doctor told me! I just skip my night meds if I have some wine.
    Regarding Marijuana in Spain it is legal "to use it but not to buy it" I haven't tried it for pain... I must admmit I had a couple of joins when I was a teenager (that was a long time ago to remember! I do know it helps oncology patients who I met in the pain management units and avoids sickness and here it is prescribed by NHS. The other day the doctor offered me a marijuana prescription he said it is sniffed and sold in chemists and a comercial brand. I rejected it as I don't want to end up with an addiction. He actually said "a marijuana join is the only thing that would calm a neurological pain". Scary...
    If I may ask, what happened to you, was it an accident. I definetely agree with you in what you say about surgery, it is not always the best option.
    Take care and a big soft hug from sunny Spain,
    Maria
  • hi alex, thank you for your words, i have lived most of my life in spain where my father retired and my english is a bit rusty :-s. you must be going through hell from your post i read. i admire your strenth.
    i had never heard about virgin coconut oil, and i will definetely give it a try! i have tried capsaicin cream it is hot chilly pepper cream (under prescription only) it burns a lot first of all and you have to apply it with a glove. i is very good because you feel the heat deep inside and it lasts for days.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/capsaicin.
    i don't know what dmpo is, could you please tell me what it is, never heard about it.
    thank you for all your post and i hope we can all learn how to cope exchanging information, it is difficult for pain free people to understand our attitude, reactions and mood. when we get up we don't know what our day is going to be like...
    a big soft hug and thanks again,
    maria
  • Your english is fine. I am european myself, i was born just outside of Budapest Hungary but been in usa from about age of 11. You can just google dmso and there is a lot of information on it there. Its used in many creams from what i read and its been around for many years people using it for painfull joints and many other conditions. It helps with inflammation but it gives you a garlic taste in your mouth after using it regularly.

It worked great 1 st time i used it and still use it here and there but i hate the taste you get when using it regularly.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.