Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nerve pain is back kicking my ass,

Comments

• That's it I've had it , I'm cutting my legs off tonight. The damn plastic knife and spoon broke while trying to scratch off this maddening nerve pain. How the hell your legs can burn and feel wet at the same time drives a woman mad.grrrrrr.... Had to break out the cane again cause my right leg hurts to much to walk. Cannot wait for this epidural coming up. In the meantime I'll work on sawing my legs off with plastic silverware cause I don't wanna mess up my nice cutlery
  • I found if I hurt a lot, alcohol actually makes me feel/hurt worse? Not so much the nerve pain, but the mechanical pain ramps up pretty fast if even with a light buzz... I too don't mix the two.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • advertisement
  • I feel for you woman! You are miserable without a doubt i know that's the exact way i felt and it made me finally say ok operate i can't do this anymore!!!

I don't know how i made it all those years without blowing my brains out. I gave up on the spork and went for the real knife was just to big a chicken to do it myself, so i hired and entrusted my otherwise known as surgeon. And wouldn't you know that part of the misery is for the most part GONE so in that respect the surgery was a complete success. It's the rest i can't say was what a person could expect out of it, but not to have my leg's going crazy like that. So that being said. I guess i'm glad i did it. and now the Kadian and Percochet is for the most part making life do-able. So all in all what else can i say other than i pray for you. And one other word of advice so to speak don't shove the cane up the hubby's rear if he annoy's you while your suffering (lol) I truly do pray for you leave the spork in the kitchen the scratches hurt too hehe.
  • Well I made it one more weekend and hope everyone else has made it along with me. Now my right hand feels like it's out of socket and my fingers do also when i wake up in the morning and hurt's so bad i could scream can't win damn it but i wont bitch well much anyway! lol
  • Glad you survived another weekend along with others. I had a real rough weekend myself. Worse then usual. Just the litle work i did around the house during the week cought up with me or something cause the deep back ache along with leg pain came on more then usual almost the type that i had before surgery from the removed disc.

So realy makes me think the other level below the fusion is ready to go out cause this was not the normal dailey nerve pain i always have from surgery. Once again if it was not for the valium i would of been in er.

I did nothing all weekend but suffer but at least watched womans world cup soccer game and usa won. It was a great game
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • Hi Alex,
    Seems to be a new supplement for Neuropathic pain, its called "Normast", molecule name: Palmitoylethanolamin.
    See the site: neuropathie.nu/treatment/index.php

Its no medication but body own molecule and seems to have no side-effects. Recent diffirents trails in Italy are carried out on 800 people with Nerve pain due to a bulging disc, with very good results.
    Its now available everywere in Europe and I red also allowed imported in the US.
    See: grannymed.com/user-home-remedies/alternative-therapies/palmitoylethanolamide-normast-for-severe-pain

Renos.
  • Thanks renos i will check it out. I will try anything at this point.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Alex,

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad weekend it looks as if i am about to join you with the severe pain it's kicking up big time at this moment and normally only get's worse from here i am praying to God it gives me a break it sure get's ugly anyway hope you feel better soon!
  • Hi Alex,
    I red that you also had to remove your ADR. I have had the same situation; first I have got an ADR at L4L5 (Active L), then after 3 months L5S1 had to fused since the whole spine became instable. Then the ADR had to be fused without removal of the ADR. After 7 months and severe pain, I have let the ADR removed anterior, which was a very riskfull surgery. Then after 2 years I needed 2 revision surgeries, since all the hardware at L4L5 were loose. Screws were loose in the bone and no fusion was developed. Practical I walk 2 years with a spit/loose spine. The NS said it was a tikking time bomb.
    Now 1 and 1/2 years after the last revision, I beginning to feel a bit better. I can walk now every day 2 times half a mile. That means that the pain in my spine (bone) feels a bit better but the severe nerve pain in bottom/leg/foot is terrible.
    I read more and more stories were ADR had to be removed and I think that the whole principal of ADR is very risky. 20% of all ADR will fail. And if it fails, people suffer at severe pain and hardly not to revise spine. Nobody realise what the consequenses are if a ADR fail. And 20% is 200 people at 1000 ADR's; that is a lot of suffering. And not only the spine patient, but also ther families suffer. Nobody realise that to.
    I fought 4 years to get the situation in my spine revised, I took the all the risks for that and I think it will need a decade to recover from all these surgeries. Maybe it will take my whole life, but I will keep on fighting and keep hope.

Renos

• Not me they aren't operating on me anymore i have choice words for surgery that i cannot use here long and short we are a long ways from spinal surgery being anything near successful enough i had one it has left me where i was actually worse in many many ways so no more why do it for worse than i was?
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.