Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Nerve pain is back kicking my ass,

Comments

• Sorry you also having bad flare up dude. Hopefuly you can get it under control. After resting almost all weekend and taking valium mine calmed down a litle. I cant stay bad all the time cause i had to cut the grass on the riding mower. All that bouncing on the back dont feel too great but someone has to do it. We also got hit with real high winds here in chicago area and lot of crap came down from the trees i had to burn to clean up the yard. When ever i can do it i do it but not over do it if posible cause i dont want it to flare up out of control again.

But you have to keep bussy doing something to feel somewhat productive so you dont go crazy
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • You must of missread renos. My adr was not removed. But it was fused in as yours was i guess. I did not realise you had yours removed after they fused it in. I am suprised they would remove it after all that. Every dr i talked with would not remove mine and just decided to fuse it in. I might be having same issue as you was having because the l5s1 might be giving me problems now also. Back of the legs hurt all the time and they caused nerve damage while puting in the adr in just above the adr.

My 1st surgery was adr in l4l5. 2 years later because of the pain fusion on same level. Then 3rd surgery was just to remove the hardware from the fusion and lami to see if it would make a diference. But of course it all just made it even worse by fusing it.

How were they able to remove your adr if it was already fused? They actualy un did your fusion to remove it?? I never heard of anyone having that done before.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • advertisement
  • We must keep busy i totally agree! We are practically neighbors i am just east of you in Laporte, Indiana for now while my house is under reconstruction after a fire just about destroyed it last December then I will be back home in Michigan City, Indiana.

I used to go to the taste of Chicago every year and i hate to admit this now but the occasion Cubs game damn them Cubs i need to join some kind of support group for Cubs anonymous or something crap (lol) i guess go Cubs almost 50 years of praying i would see them at least in w world series before i die not looking to good somehow they seem to get worse every frigging stinking year oh well.

We all seem to suffer these outrageous flair up it just sucks now i am almost not able to use my right hand for an hour or so when i wake up in the morning it is so stiff and hurts so bad it's unreal arthritis must be eating at the joints my lord no breaks but i will hold my head up!

Anyway have a great day. I wonder how Michelle is she hasn't touched base maybe took that sharpened spork to those legs!
  • I have never heard of AD removal until your post myself i just read a little bit about it not much though i am personally interested in reading more about it.

I had ALIF L4-L5 to S1 with synfix peek, done in April with fusion and so far everything has went to crap for me one surgery was enough i wont live to be an old man no matter what so i am not interested in going under the knife again!

I have a checkup with my surgeon this afternoon and i will say he really is a very highly skilled surgeon it just hasn't worked out for me so far while i do realize it hasn't been that long since surgery it would take monster steps to get better enough for me to consider the surgery successful.
  • Darn as I tried I couldn't get Through the fat so decided to add to it and used the Spork to decimmate ice cream. Sorry I didn't realize how long it's been since I posted . Been lurking . Legs have eased up , trying not to overdue it to pissed it off again but haven't been able to sleep so my days have run together. Reno, like Alex , I was told I would die with this ADR disc in place.... Period . They would fuse it if need be but I'm not going there. Are you autofusing on your own or are you still at risk? I hope it gets better , I couldnt imagine living like that . Jeff, Alex , ill get my butt on here more often so you don't worry that I'm on the corner somewhere with two stubs . :)
  • advertisement
  • I live in Europe. I got mine ADR in Germany. The procedure that they first fuse posterior the ADR in place with hardware and if that is not sufficient, they remove in second procedure the ADR anterior (front suregery), is common in Europe but not executed a lot. My ADR has been removed 7 months after the fusion in place surgery.
    The ADR has been removed and replaced by a 3/4" height proreus block. So it take now a long time to get a solid bonebridge through that block and between the vertebreas.
    My surgeon said to after surgery that the ADR was laying totally loose between the vertebreas and was give the severe bone pain.
    Surgeons dont like this procedure due to the risks of vascular damage. But I never heart of a fatal outcome due to this procedure.

After 2 years, also the hardware posterior seems to be loose and had to be revised. Totally I have had 6 surgeries; one at L5S1 and one for the ADR at L4L5 and 4 to fix the trouble of the failed ADR.
    If anybody ask me about yes or no ADR, I say don't do it! Its to risky, if some goes wrong the surgeons have no good solution to fix it. Most of them walk away from you. It ruin your life and can even cost your life.
    It toke me a lot of effort to find a doctor who was able to do it.

• Glad you could join us michelle lol. You got a job on the corner what what? Lol.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Where you live in europe renos? I am from europe myself born there but live in the usa now from age of 11. I am confused as you say you had adr put in with fusion. I think we might have a missunderstanding about what you might be calling adr there in europe. Its because you guys might still say adr because disc was replaced with what we might call a spacer in place of the disc and even that yes its artificial but its not what we call adr i dont believe. Because here in the usa the adr is in place of not having the fusion because the adr not only works as a spacer its actualy a disc that keeps movement in place of the natural wore out disc.

I could be wrong but it sounds like that why i dont understand it in you situation. If you had adr with fusion on 1 st surgery. On same level then i think we just call that a spacer here in the usa. Could this be right or am i just barking up the wrong tree here lol?
    2012 scs implant ,
  • No, I do know what an ADR is!! Got it in my body, unfortunatelly.
    I mean with ADR: Artifical disc replacement, which means dat your natural intervertebral has been replaced by an artifical flexible disc, like Prodisc Active L, Maverick, Charité, etc. So then you get a new intervertebra.
    So the 1st surgery I got at L4L5 an Active L, then 6 months later 2nd surgery I got anterior fusion L5S1 with a "spacer" between the vertebreas.
    3rd surgery: fusion L4L5 with the Active L in place, posterior. So same level leaving ADR in.
    4rd surgery: L4L5 removal of the ADR Active L and replaced by block or spacer of 3/4", anterior.
    Last 2 surgeries were revisions of the hardware L4L5 posterior.
  • Ok got it. Sorry i thought maybe we was talking something diferent. Wow thats a real mess then for sure. I just never realised they can take the adr out after its fused in. Having it fused in just makes it more complicated to take it out i am sure. Sorry you went through so much stuff and still hurting. If they tell me they want to maybe fuse my l5s1 i am telling them stick the screws and rods where the sun dont shine. Lol
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.