Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Question for Drivers

Comments

• Bonnie:

That sucks! There's little to say that can make you feel better emotionally other than "we care." I don't know how I would respond, but probably initially with anger, then slipping into fear and depression.

Some wise person always says that for every door that closes another opens. The challenge is to find it; however, your challenge is doubled because of a painful back.

Some bubbly, never-say-die type of person would offer encouragement by pointing out that this is definitely an opportunity. As you are experiencing, there's a fine line between fear and excitement. Under your current physical conditions you could most likely do without that type of excitement.

Hope things improve physically and fiscally.
  • thanks so much for the kind response, I really do appreciate it.
    I have been working thru the emotional response to the situation, first angry, then pulling back and turning everything inside, and now I am doing better. I do know that it was perfectly legal of the company to do what they did, not that I liked it :( but I also have to acknowledge that they actually waited longer than they actually were required to do.

Now I have the other side, I really hadn't quite thought of before it happened... I have a couple of very sharp members of my staff who are considering applying for my postion.
    Made me catch my breath for a moment, but I am actually quite proud that I was really able to support them, give them some prospective into the actual internals of the position and avoid any of the negative feelings that I had to work thru. Truthfully, it is a very tough but rewarding job, way too large a territory, but going in with open eyes one of my spectacular folks would do a great job.
    I really hope they do select one of them, I will be very proud :)

As for me, I would be lying if I said I was all wise and bubbly :) but I am trying to look at the positives and work on the recovery and pain management. My life is changed, different.. but still with lots of possibilities :)
    Just trying to find ways to have less down moments and many more positives :)

I appreciate your kind words Jim, thank you
    Bonnie

• advertisement
  • I m sorry that all this has happened to you but am quite amazed at your attitude :D

An attitude like you have that took me almost 10 yrs of bitterness, anger and hurt to get past before I got "OK" with my working situation.

Now I can finally focus on my new future. Your attitude is wonderful :)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.