Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I don't know what to do....

advertisement

Comments

• Thanks Karen! The worst of getting settled is over now, whew! There were days when I know I did too much, but I think sometimes it's unavoidable, no matter how much we try. Just a certain way we turn, that one last thing we pick up, even if it was light, it doesn't seem to matter. But, it's done and over with, and I can now relax and enjoy. As for the rest of it, well, the drama is gone and again, I can move on and relax and be stress free. In that area at least. Let the healing begin (or continue) :)
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Great to hear you're all moved in okay. It's taking me a long time to unpack, even after 2 months of living here but slowly but surely it will be done. Sorry to hear about the break up with your BF but it sounds like it's for the best for you emotionally.

Congrats on the retirement and for your service to our great country!

I'm glad your getting a new Dr. and a second opinion Orthopedic Surgeon and hope you get in to see him soon. Did your Surgeon say what he thinks is going on with your arm? I hope you will get better soon but do you think you may require more surgery? Well you sound very positive about these new changes in your life and glad you're looking forward to your trip soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Thanks, Charry. The ns said that it's the C6 nerve root that's pinched, the stenosis is severe at the level below where he worked. He didn't work there, as the last MRI prior to surgery didn't show the severity as it was months old by the time we did the surgery, and we figure the trauma of the surgery triggered the paralysis. So now, he says he's just afraid to touch me, as with the 1st surgery I ended up with the Horner's and this time around, this problem. I guess now that he's had time to think it over he doesn't want to go back in, whereas right after, he did want to. When I saw the ortho initially, he couldn't say anything because he didn't have the imaging, but just with going by the fact that I had some improvement, he was hopeful. But then again, that was back in August, and I haven't had any improvement since. I'm back in my pm office on Wed, so I'm going to check to see if the ortho has received the imaging yet and see if I can set up an appt with him again. He didn't leave me with warm fuzzies either though, which is why I asked my doctor for a referral to another ns here in Kingston, which you and I both know, I most likely won't get til next year. I'm supposed to be going for another EMG this month sometime back in Ottawa, but I haven't heard back from the hospital, I should give them a call right now while I'm thinking about it.

I am hopeful, as I have had some improvement, but I've been at a stalemate now for 3 months, and am afraid of permanent damage. Even my pt has said there's nothing else she can do for me, just to keep up with my exercises. While I can get by with what I have, there's so much that I still can't do, and it's extremely frustrating, but yes, I'm keeping (or trying my hardest to!) positive. I do have my moments though. Let's just say that sometimes it's a good thing that there's nobody here to witness my frustration and leave it at that, lol.
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
This discussion has been closed.