Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

A triad

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 3,934
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Depression and Coping
STRESS
SLEEPLESSNESS
DEPRESSION

Ya get under stress
you lose sleep
and then you get depressed.

So what are you to do.
your under stress from your infirmity, inside and outside pressures to get you down....

You lose sleep for any reasons and you add to the stress, which I think will lead to enhanced conditions for depression to possibly occure.

Balancing these three conditions, In my humble opinion is the key to enhancing your over all life management regimen no?

What do you think on this
RRRRRanch.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• I agree completely. My neurologist is always worried about me being able to sleep and often tried to give me meds that will help with sleep. Unfortunately these make me tired all day.
  • I would add a fourth to that, PAIN. You get stressed out, you lose sleep, you get depressed, and your pain gets worse, then you start the whole cycle again... It's never-ending sometimes!!!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • You are all so right. It is a vicious cycle. Sleep is so critical. I try to take enough meds so I can sleep. I've been told that my muscle relaxant can cause depression or contribute to it, so I try not to take it, but I will at bed if I'm really bad.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • You are all so right. It is a vicious cycle. Sleep is so critical. I try to take enough meds so I can sleep. I've been told that my muscle relaxant can cause depression or contribute to it, so I try not to take it, but I will at bed if I'm really bad.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    When I am having my routine of being awake 3 nights out of the week...it is tough..concentration and pain.. everything worse.

Often times I can't drive, so friends will pick me up just to get me out and visit at their house.
    But it is not without them telling me.."Oh, you are sleeping, you just don't remember." or "If you really were awake like that you would be more impaired." I want to scream..but I say," I am impaired...body..mind..it's crazy making." Ahhhhhh!

Again..this site is the only place I have understanding...and believing me! Believing me is just huge and makes me feel so much less alone.
    Truly don't know where I'd be without you guys!
    Thanks for the post. :)
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• advertisement
  • I just left pain as a given.you lose sleep'get tired.exhausted and then get tired more.at some point you're so far gone.you start to lose perspective...not your fault. After a constant attack from all angles and no relief you get sad.lose sleep.stay tire...soon depression sets in. So keep up your spirit my fellow spineys!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement