Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Hey everyone. New here. Wondering if anyone has similar issues.

Comments

• Well, we'll see how things go on Friday when I go to see him again. If he doesn't offer any help this time then I will search for another GP. Thanks for the advice on the support groups, maybe I'll seek one out.
  • If you're having numbness, tingling and pain in your leg your GP should send you for an EMG/nerve test to see if there's any nerve compression from the disc and then the Neurologist who does part of the test will be able to help you. After I got the EMG I was referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon.

I live in Canada also and I got the nerve test pretty fast and got the ball rolling for referrals. I also had more relief from Cymbalta rather than with Lyrica for the nerve pain. I ope you get some referrals, I felt like I was bothering my dr. asking for so many referrals but I get the same answer not a candidate for surgery but never give up hope for a Dr. to help. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Thanks Charry. That's some sound advice as well. I will pass all of this on to my GP. My life has been turned upsidedown and it's time to get something done. I went to a concert on Saturday night and had to leave half way through cause I couldn't stand anymore. Thank god it was free!!lol
  • We did not take our GP's advice OR the refusal of a local surgeon to touch hubby's back. We did some research, asked people to spread the word and found a surgeon in Toronto. Then we returned to our GP and asked strongly for a referral. Took a while as the surgeon was really booked but hubby is now one year out of surgery for a back fusion and having no pain. If you want to email me privately, I will give you the surgeon's name- he is astounding!
  • :H Hi everyone, I've read a few comments on here and I can relate to everything. I first hurt my back when I was 21 and was in constant pain for 2 years. My GP told me that it was just muscular and prescribed me cocodomol and would do nothing else. I am now 27 and have hurt my back again 3 months ago. I am in constant pain whether I stand up sit down or move at all. I bite my lip through almost all the pain other wise I would'nt be able to spend time with my child. I have been diagnosed with DDD but have been told that there is nothing they can do. I've seen a few different doctors and get the same result. Because of the pain I do not go out and become a recluse and the depression well lets just say if I had any hair I would have pulled it all out by now. For the first 2 months I was put on cocodomol, tramodol, diclofenac and diasapam but they did nothing for my back and pain except give me really bad side affects. I have no idea what to do anymore and have really had enough. On a good day i am in pain all day but bite my lip, on a bad day i can't move my neck, back and legs.

Is surgey the way to go if anyone can help please do.

Also sorry for going on abit lol.

frostie245 UK. DDD L1 S5.
  • advertisement
  • I'm going to see my GP today. I'm basically going to tell him that I'm fed up and I've been living with this pain for 3 and a half years now. I'm at the end of my rope and something needs to be done. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • How did everything go with your GP today? Hope that he was helpful this time. Let us know how you made out when you have a chance.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Things went ok. He's setting up an appointment for a bone scan and a nerve test. At least he's moving in the right direction. I let him have it so I think that lit a fire under his ass.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.