Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

I fired my Neurologist today. Sigh....

advertisement

Comments

• Mayo - didn't think of them for heart, but so far, my Cardio doc is good. :) High heart rate, low BP - Beta blockers, wow I feel like I am 20! (G)

I don't think the [his] office staff have a clue as to chronic pain, or additional issues like mine. They just make the call. My NS - his staff is actually pretty good. (G) Nope, haven't fired him. Heheehhe

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • HI,
    You are absolutley correct...he does not want you as a patient anymore...dr's just don't do that sort of thing unless they want you to no longer see them. Your issues may be more than what he /she wants to deal wiht or is equipped to handle. I've had a dr here and there that acted like that, so I took the hint and found better ones!!! They are out there, but you may have to look around a bit....get copies of the records in the dr's office so you have them to take with you when you find someone who's actually going to help you and not play games with you...
    I did have a great gyn, who closed his practice because he was tired of the insurance companies telling him what to do...he opened a women's clinic in the Bahama's and I'm sure he's doing great - and I'm sure the women there love him...
    So, good luck at finding a new dr....I'll be thinking of you, and let us know how things go!
    Frannie
  • advertisement
  • Howdy!!

Yeah, I agree now, him, or his staff knew I was done with him. Sucks actually - as I valued his opinion. These delays though....not an option in my mind.

GN - Hehehe.. you just reminded me, I need to get an update!!! (G)

Brenda
  • Is it posible sence you already know he was going to send you for surgery anyways to the other dr that if you make the appointment with that other dr who is doing the surgery if you tell them whats going on they can just speed it up where they can get the results from that dr? I would rather get the results from the dr who is doing the surgery then from someone who is not. Thats if i read your post right.

If the dr who wants you to wait months just to get the results to you just to send you off to other dr is a waste of time if the other dr requests it from him. The writen report or whatever it may be. If this is not the case then i am just confused as usual.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hi, and so very sorry that the doctor treated you this way.

But after you calm down look at it as a blessing, to get away from him/her.

Out of common courtesy if they do need to cancel your appt. they should squeeze you in asap, not put you at the end of the list.
    I too agree with you and most that he didnt want you as a patient anymore.
    For whatever reason, who knows.
    Could be his pride at not sending patients to surgery.
    Could be he finally hit a wall and exhausted all options known to him for helping you.
    Could be the Fed BCBS doesnt pay as good as the private industry, even tho they always paid he wanted more.

Too many unknowns, and it could be discussed all nite long, and still not understand his reasons why.

I have read very good reports about the ecleveland clinic, so get all your papers from this doctor and it tho it will be diffucult, consider it a ray of new hope, with you going to a different doctor.

Very best of luck to ya, and hoping it works out for the better.
  • advertisement
  • Howdy Alex!!

No, I think you read my post right. I went to my Neurologist (the trouble shooter) to see if I could find the 'cause' of my neuropathy. My surgeon too wanted the answer. So as stated, my next appointment was to discuss the spine issues sure, but too if he figured out the neuropathy. It is still idiopathic! (G)

My surgeon is the one that needs "all the details" of what is going on with me. I have my Neurologists notes, my blood work and imaging (reports and CD) for the surgeon. I still like my NS, and plan on having him do the fusions and lami for my back, but am looking for an Ortho for my mess of a neck.

Just typing a response, I wiggle and stop, stand up, stretch....grrrr... I hate the ouch modes! (G) Sadly, as I was told - no guarantee on back pain going away. I guess I can deal with back pain, it just bites when it runs down the legs! Lol!!

Brenda
  • Federal BCBS pays well, and whatever the agreed price is. I think as a "puzzle" patient, he wasn't thrilled. Some (based on the electrical study) is also radicuopathy from my neck, and too my back. My NS went nuts on the last EMG with the neuropathy! It's funny as he is 'okay' with radiculopathy, but not neuropathy?

I am still comfortable with my NS working my back, but looking at an Ortho for the messy neck. Tuesday I will call my NS to get an appointment and go from there. I too will probably reach out to the Ortho I am looking at - he does "cervical spine reconstruction" which to me, is similar level to revision. Lots of bone work! (G)

I fully agree, I should not have been offered a "new" appointment 4 months down the line, but should have been addressed sooner... This happened sadly on EACH appointment in the past year. Now that all my testing is done (although, I wanted x-rays too - he didn't), off to the surgeon I go. I luck out that I don't need a recommendation to see one... :)

Thanks Jim!! You're super people!!!!

Brenda
  • I know how frustrating this can be and how upsetting considering your long relationship. If you live near Cleveland then the Clieveland Clinic sounds like a great Choice, in Cincinnati, the Mayfield Clinic has a great rep.

I hope you get the relief you need and the treatment and respect you deserve very soon. Again, I am saddened that you have to go through this type of frustration on top of what you already have to deal with.

You're my hero so I know you'll make it.
    Sending good thoughts to ya.

Al
    AL S
  • Nodding, this whole thing was very frustrating to say the least. I still respect his knowledge, skills, and opinion, but I got [get] the impression my issues are more than he wants to deal with.

Monday I am going to see about getting in with an Orthopedic spine surgeon on the top of my research list. I was going to call last week, but my hubby wanted me to surf the net more - I agreed, but (Lol) kept coming back to the same one!

I decided not to do the "eCleveland Clinic" online consult after I saw the price! It isn't covered by insurance, and given the fact they wouldn't be physically examining me, I felt the cost too high - almost $600 dollars. My NS charges those rates to my insurance...and my co-pay is $35.00!! (G) This other surgeon instead of Neuro is Ortho, so fingers crossed. My first impressions (via the Internet) are pretty positive presently.

"Hero" - Big blushes. Not sure how to respond there Al. I'm smiling and blushing. Not sure what all I did to get such a wonderful rating, but Thank you!!! *HUGZ*

Brenda
  • I so repect your history and your attitude about life and how you face it. You've done a great deal in life and what you say is very valuable to me. I felt a connection to you with our pasts and I just think you're a great lady.
    AL S
advertisement