Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Struggling doing too much

charryccharry Posts: 5,659
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Pain Management
Hi, Everyday my Mother and brother are coming over and I've been doing more and more packing and really feeling a lot of pain and hardly sleeping. Tonight I feel like I want to go to ER. I've never gone before but almost. My leg feels very weak and sore and my back is screaming. Don't know what to do I have to see get this packing done as I'm moving out in 2 weeks and 2 days. It's very hard. Charry
DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement

Comments

• Charry,

I have no doubt your in extra pain from packing. They also say moving is one of three most stressful things you can do in life. So with that said I am sure your enduring lots of extra pain. Can you call your doctor in the AM and discuss using extra meds to get you through this difficult process and have a earlier appointment? I am not sure how your doctor works but they might not want you going to the ER unless it is a true emergency. But then again if the pain gets bad enough you might not have a choice. Anyway hopefully this will be done soon enough and your back to a more normal life.
  • charry, i am sorry you are going through this. i am going thourgh a similiar thing. my mother in law is moving in with us.. she is bringing a four year old little girl as well. we only have a two bedroom little house.. anyway, i am so tired and sick at the end of each day i can hardly move let alone eat.. i am sure you know the feeling,.. i have no answers only that we have to keep going.. i am using medication as much as possible to help with the extra pain and nervousness... we do need to get some sleep.. good luck.. you are such a help to others!!! Jenny
  • advertisement
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,523
    how about icing at night. I know that wont help with the pain, but it may get you a little relief.

You need some type of 'helper' to get you over this current hurdle..

Good luck, the stress of moving itself is enough for anyone, add it to our bodies and , well you know how it feels
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • I moved a year ago and it was awful with the increased pain and fatigue. All I can recommend is take your meds as prescribed and find the willpower to push through, and ask/beg others for help. It's amazing how resilient the body is.

Take care - if possible, pack the boxes and let someone else pile them up or move them.
    KarenD
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Oh Charry!! I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish I was closer to help as much as I could. If you're feeling that bad, then why not go to the ER, they would definitely be able to get it under control, and maybe give you a prescription so you can keep it under control. Have you tried every trick in the book? Hot shower/bath, ice, tens, go for a massage, ibuprofen ibuprofen ibuprofen. Or even try aleve? Is there other people you could call to help, or even if your mom or brother could bring a friend or two to help out as well? Sorry, that's all I have right now, and I know, you've probably already tried all of that. Wish I could help. Just be sure to take a night off and relax and take care of yourself, and don't stress about moving (I know, ironic I should be saying that, lol).
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • I think we're all guilty of the famous 'overdue' and pain paybacks! I of late am getting sick of the state of my house, and have been cleaning, and as such my back more so is screaming at me!

So sorry you are also in this mode. I hope looking at the date, you are feeling better? Ice, rest, meds.... Have you called your doctor to let him know? Gentle support *HUGZ* to ya!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • How are you? Have you found time to rest inbetween the work you have to do? Does your family recognize the problem and put in a little extra effort?

Know I'm thinking about you. Moving in and of itself is stressful, but the preparation for it is so physically demanding and I really hope you're able to stave off some of the more intense pain with rest, icing, etc.

Please keep us updated. You're always one of the first to respond to each of us and our troubles and we're grateful for you. I'm wishing you the best and hope you're feeling better.

Cathie
  • We had a garage sale yesterday and unloaded some of my stuff and ended up with sunburn. My Mom is 70 and doing her best to help me pack when she can and my brother has to get back home and he can only do so much because of his back, he's had spinal fusion years ago but he has to get back to his home. My husband helps somewhat but he just wants to pack everything in garbage bags and get his friends to help us move.

Well I'm going to read a bit and then get busy packing my fragile items before my husband throws those in a garbage bag. lol?

I called the Neurologist to get my EMG results and left a message I had to crawl up the stairs the other night but no call back. I was able to get a break through med from my Dr. so hoping that will help. I really never thought I would have to move again and it's not easy with having to pack but will do what I can because I can't wait to get to the new house!

I know it's a daily struggle to get through this time and just needed support. Thanks everyone and will take it one day at a time and ice my back. >:D< Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Charry,

Lol about your hubby!! I am not shocked to hear his way of packing is via garbage bags! (G) Gotta love our men!

I am sad to hear after over a month, they haven't given you your EMG results - I had mine 3 days after I had mine. I hope your doctor calls you back so you will know that more likely than not, overdoing it is giving you all these issues.

Like Cathie said, you are/have been there for us, so we are here for you woman!!! *HUGZ* I hope you are feeling better today.

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • My husband's gone down to the new place where I'm going to live and brought a car load of stuff and he's going to rent a van and leave the car there. Our tiny Toyota Yaris doesn't hold that much stuff.

I just hope the check is ready to pick up by 130PM when we call at the Lawyer so we only have to make one trip with the cats and stuff. I don't know if it will all fit in the van.. Can you tell I got moving on my mind? Sara

So I will be offline all weekend without cable, internet and will cut me off a any minute. I hope I can round the 2 cats up outside before we go. LOL?
advertisement