Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

does anyone have information on discograph?? Is it a painful procedure?

stanzie doucettesstanzie doucette Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Lower Back Pain
my doctor wants to do this because he wants to see which disc is causing the pain... L-4 or L-5 S-1. Is this really necessary? i'm confused. i realize that they want to narrow it down and avoid any un-necessary surgeries, but it seems like they aren't listening to me. i say the pain is coming from L-5, S1. they also mentioned disc replacement. ha! yea right. like that's ever going to happen...i'm afraid and in loads of pain daily.Can anyone offer any advice?
advertisement

Comments

• i had to have a discograph done as well,it was the only way for the docs to find my pain even tho i was showing them were it was but they didnt want to operate on the wrong spot,the mri's and x-rays didnt show anything.you will be in some discomfort afterwards really all depends on how bad the disc is but the pain only last a couple 3 days.my discograph showed problems on L5S1 which i had the disc removed and a bone graft and 4 screws holding all together that was june 13th of this year and i can tell a HUGE difference in my usual pain is pretty much gone,i still have some pain from surgery but it gets better every day,this is the best ive felt in a very long time.before surgery i had to walk with a cane and since surgery i havent even looked at my cane let alone used it.HANG IN THERE i feel your pain and concerns i wish you the best of luck!!
  • yes they hurt .if you can ask for as much sedation {iv} as you are allowed .good luck
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
  • search with the keyword - discogram.

You'll find plenty of threads to read.
  • Thanks you guys for the replies. my procedure is coming up in a couple of weeks. I didn't know that you could ask for sedation...this i shall do.
  • contact the hospital before you attend {a day of two} because you may need to fast before they will give you sedation
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.