Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
New Members, Please read our Forum Rules before submitting your first discussion

Guidelines to read before you post

advertisement

Comments

• I would like to introduce myself, I am Anne and I am along time pain suffer. Two back surgeries with in the last 22 years. I hope I can find answers to my questions regarding pain relief and other possible surgeries. I do have one question though, does anyone know if there has ever been anyone allergic to the material the hardware is made of?
  • Good evening everyone. My name is David. Ive had back, neck, shoulder, knee pain for years; but when I went to Clinic here in Memphis about 8 wks ago, I told them this is new and somewhat frightening. No major injuries or trauma, but seemingly out of the blue, I began to feel numbness in my right arm. Over the next week, it accelerated to my right hand and fingers, followed closely by shoulder pain. The neck pain didnt come on until a week later, but is now the worst part of all. We started with a medrol pack, didnt work, then an MRI which showed bulge c5 c6 and of course pinched nerves. Scheduled a cervical epidural which has helped with the numbness. That was two weeks ago. The followup the week after showed new and MUCH more intense pain in c7 t1. Did direct injections just this Friday....and again the pain is different. I know I need to wait another week for results, but I feel my journey is just beginning. So thats where Im at, I will search for existing threads and posts, but any advice or links would be greatly appreciated!!!
  • advertisement
  • Ok.. I admit I never thought about that.. thank you for the advice, and thank you for the warm welcome!

ouch2 said:
    Welcome to spine health. Sorry to hear about your pain issues and your struggle with W.C.

You have come to a great place, full of support. It would be great if you could put your introduction above and put it in a new thread in the new members area. That way more people will see it, know your story and welcome you.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

>:D< Karen
  • Hi, I wanted to introduce myself and my issues...I had microdiscectomy/laminectomy in May 2011 and now, 5 months later am not feeling at all what I had hoped...in the past couple of days have noticed that my lower back at surgery site seems to be very depressed, almost caved in-a co-worker even made the comment that it "looks like another butt"-great! I have recently had more pain in my left butt cheek, whereas prior to surgery was always in right only. I have slight scoliosis, fibro which has caused horrible muscular issues which are helped only by massage...absolutely love my chiropractor and am going to see him this afternoon as I trust him implicitly and this indentation of the surgery area is really worrisome...has anyone else ever seen or experienced this type of issue? A friend who had the same surgery, followed less than a year later by a fusion, says that something should've been put in my back where they removed bone? Any advice is appreciated...
  • I hope I didnt just rant and rave but I do thank you for the site and a place to at least get some help I didnt see pre listed,
    Rob
  • advertisement
  • rnnomrerrnnomre New Jersey Posts: 8
    I suppose I was expecting to reach out to others for information in pain management and other areas surrounding the issues dealing with the frustrations of unmannaged spinal pain. It is true though, I don't want to frustrate anyone who may eventually be supportive. I lost my professional job, that I loved, years ago due to fibromyalgia flares. Now I have to deal with advanced osteoarthritic bone spurs compromising 2 cervial nerves. Can't type too long either or stay on the computer. On Butrans patch and having problems. Read some of the material and responces. Now, at a loss. Looks like its back on the long acting narcotics. Just thought this site could help but, I'm not even sure if I'm using it correctly.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,427
    The best way to get started is to look through our FAQ which is available on the member forum menu lineup.

You will find a wealth of medical information on this site. Tons of detailed articles and videos on the main side.

Then on the member forum side (which you are on now), you can reach out to thousands of other folks that are dealing with some sort of spinal problem.

You can exchange ideas, ask questions and many times use this as a support group.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Thanks for the read before posting information. I intend to do so. I am one-week post-op ACDF and can share/learn from other's experiences.
  • Hi, thank you for your posting information. I am 59 years old and have had cervical fusion in 2011 (did great) and a prior failed laminectomy and partial discectomy, in 2010.
    I am looking for info on a 360 lumbar fusion. I am to have one on Monday and am scared.
    I have been looking at the videos and the info on your website. Thank you and God Bless. Mary Anne
    Take care and God Bless,
    Mary Anne
  • It's called Internet Etiquette.

It explains the basic and advanced rules of participating with others on the Internet.

Regardless of what forum you go on you should understand these basic rules.

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.