Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Discectomy

advertisement

Comments

• Hey, it sucks being 19 and having problems because you have no life. I had an epidural and it went down from there, I was awful, couldn't stand straight, couldn't walk around my house, was sick on morphine had no sleep...it was just awful. Mine is the same disc it was bilateral but it had started in my right so the nerve roots have been compressed longer so that leg is more sore :/ Your problems are by far worse than mine, i don't know how you cope...i found it hard enough with just one problem. Don't have any more epidurals they just ignore the problem, its not a cure. I hope they manage to help you, to be so young it's just depressing because you feel like you can't do anything :/ I'm doing as i'm told and hoping, but my disc is worn so its more likely to slip again, but i'll cross that bridge if i come to it. I'm an unwaivering optimist though and i've found the best way to deal with pain is a sense of humour and a hot water bottle and a wedge cushion behind my back at night and a pillow between my knees xD
  • So glad to hear things are looking positive at the moment

Keep us updated

'gentle' hugs for you lol

x
  • advertisement
  • meg101 said:
    hey i hope u feel better and i know what your going though.. Im 19 too and i have a horrible back that the pain is soo bad that i can't sleep. My L4/5 is herniated and pressing on the nerves i just had a epidural cortisone injection last week and it didnt help, the pain is worse, i cant stand up striaght or anything...

So sorry to see you have so many problems in your back at such a young age Meg

I hope you can find some pain relief soon

x
  • Thankyou, thats so lovely of you :)
  • it does suck being so young and having to deal with this. I don't have a life and im so depressed. Yeah the epidurals dont work, i cant hardly stand up striaght or even walk.

I hope you are doing well after your surgery! :)
    I'm 24 years old, I have had back problems since I was 17...

June 6th 2012 (I was 20 years old) On my L4/5 I got a Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF) with 4 pedicle screws, 2 rods, and 2 cages.
  • advertisement
  • Eurgh I so hope they find something for you!!! It's unfair but as technology gets better you never what they'll be capable of in the future. Like my uncle had the same op as me 10 years ago and his scar is like 4 inches mine is 1 inch because the tools and techniques have improved :) I know how awful it is to not be able to stand up straight, I'd get chavvy 12 year olds taking the mick going ewww why's she walking like that. I turned around one day and said because i broke my back and i'll happily break yours of you want, I got sick of comments and looks all the time :/ I found having hobbies helped a lot, I write, sing, play guitar and draw and it keeps me relaxed and takes my mind off it :) I'm currently house bound for a month D: So bored already and it's only day 3 xD But tbh I really don't understand a lot of the big words at the bottom xD Just that there is a lot of them and they sounds nasty...I'm lucky I only have one problem and sometimes I need to remember that more.
  • Hi Emmielou.
    Glad to hear your surgery is over and you're on the mend! Just remember to follow dr's orders, the no BLT thing, and limit sitting time. You sound like all is going well! Feel better and have your life back soon!
    Frannie
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.