Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

MINOR back fusion surgery?????????? pleeeeeeeeze

advertisement

Comments

• I am interested in finding out about the cervical procedure you mentioned without hardware or neckbrace. Can you please private message me about it, possibly giving me the hospital or doctor information?
  • Well...because he is the Governor...He got to use his own adult stem cells that were taken out a few weeks prior to the surgery...Of course they weren't embryonic stem cells since he is opposed to those!

They take the cells out from healthy tissue...and then inject them back into the disc area...

This procedure is not even approved by the FDA so he paid 10's of thousands of dollars

The surgery itself was a spinal fusion and nerve decompression which happend back on July 1st.

So he definitely had both orthopedic shoes and a back brace on for the last month and almost a half (removes the brace briefly for a press shot or interview)...

I guess it's similar to the Bone Morphogenetic Protien that I had injected into the dissovable sponge inside the allograft bone.

So yea..I'm sure they had the absolute best Dr.s..he is doing physical therapy at his pool every day and walking...and said he is doing well now...(Aug 12)..

Gee....now what would he have had to do without any health insurance like myself or others...Wonder if he could answer that question on the presidential trail...How do you think someone pays for this that can't? Sell my home? Car? Just so we could walk???

Arghhh...don't get me started on health care...

• advertisement
  • Not everyone gets braced after lumbar spinal fusions, some surgeons specifically discourage and don't recommend braces it because it prevents reconditioning of lumbar muscles.
  • said that any fusion is major and will take upto 3 years to recover from .and at least 12 months intensive rehabilitation .i don't know the guy you are all taking about but i also agree with jon .
    tony{uk}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • I have had 3 fusions and no brace with any of them.

L4/L5 laminectomy, L4/L5 360 fusion with instrumentation, L1 to L5 fusion, L5/S1 fusion w/ disc replacement, left and right SI joints fused.
  • advertisement
  • today, and looked very stiff. I certainly hope that he is not taking mood-altering drugs and expecting to become President of the US.

SG
  • I am still pre surgery after my appt last week but was told with the ACDF 2 level, no brace but one long plate with 3 screws.

I am still giving it another month or so as my pain has redistibuted itself 50/50 between my arm and neck.

These people do seem to get the best of everything.

Gracie
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.