Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Daily Message from the Dalai Lama regarding Chronic Pain

MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.

Nice one dude !!!

d
advertisement

Comments

• Nice. Its so deep i am reaching deep in to my soul i know there is a song in there somewhere. Wise words from the Dalai Lama.

I thought that only aplies untill you reach 30"s. Once you reach your 30"s i think most have found there destiny and accepted habits good or bad. I think that where the saying comes from dont expect people to change once they reached adult maturity.

But good words of wisdom,

How you doing otherwise? Hope all is well dude,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thanks for posting this. Love it !
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,778
    The world oldest hippie !!

Mother Theresa in Drag!!

Peace Love Rock and Roll !!

Alex - you having problems with adulerty??

d
  • Lol what? I have all kind of problems so i would not be suprised if that another one of them lol. Bad day here with flare up so brain not working at the moment. These are the kind of days i consider nightmare so i will pray with anything even the dalai lama or the dalai mamma i dont care. Dont make no diference to me. Git-ir-done
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,519
    I still cant remember correctly if it was our chanting in the '60s to Dalia Lama or was it getting chased by a goat after thinking we where chanting to Daila.

It still is a bit of a fog. So many clouds
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
    May your clouds only bear the most sweet, fruitful, life promoting amount of rain - few windstorms - No heavy lightening - and little damage.

Unlike that mother of nature our east coast will soon be shaking hands with named IRENE !!!

Auntie Em Autie EM its a twister!! (And Toto I don't think were in Kansas anymore)!!

Hold on tight !!

d
  • Dalai is the Mongolian word for “ocean.” Lama is a Tibetan word for monk. While the press like to refer to the Dalai Lama as a "Living God” or “God-King” Tibetans view him more in human terms despite their deep reverence for him and regard him more as a “Monk-King” or “Philosopher King.”
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Alex,

Are you saying when I was at the Zoo recently and the monkey was throwing body waste at us, I should have been praying? Grrr, now I will have to go back if that is what it takes to reduce this pain, next time tell me sooner will ya?

Dave that forecast leads little to be desired. Living in the areas with the Tornado's we only get moments to run, so I am glad all these people can at least prepare and be ready. I sure hope not many stay behind thinking their property is worth more than their life.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,519
    BUT.....

If you are in the woods and there is a mean ole grizzly bear (not the Dalai himself or a goat).
    Your best bet is:

1 - Play dead
    2 - Run as fast as you can
    3 - Charge the bear

#3 is the correct answer. Its a well established fact that at least 85% of the time if you charge a bear, hooting and hollering, screaming, your fists up in the air ready to beat the bear, the bear will back off.

Not sure what happens the other 15%
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
    technique ..... with my pain and badditude.

Maybe I can make it go running away!!

The other 15% of the time .... I'll just go to the doctor and complain!!

d
advertisement