Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement
Data Entry Job – SCAM!

We are aware that someone out there is using our CEO’s name and our company name to “recruit” people for a data entry job. It is a fake. Please do not give them any of your personal information. We are not now, nor have we ever, had data entry positions available.

i am having a bad time at the moment

backache99backache99 Posts: 1,314
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Depression and Coping
there are many posts like this one .and tomorrow i may be fine but today i feel so low .maybe it the thought of the up and coming surgey/maybe its the idiot that has made a mess of my bathroom then P/Off on holiday ! maybe i am just getting older and knowing that the less to do thats whats been done ! or maybe its just the mundane relentless lack of sleep and pain cycle .even us veterans of pain need a brake.

have good day folks
tony x
1997 laminectomy
2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Tony,

I'm not really a veteran of pain, but I can relate today. After almost a year of constant sciatica pain through my right leg, and after having a discectomy 2 weeks ago that hasn't provided any relief, I'm feeling REALLY down and isolated. Like you said, maybe today is just not a good day. I'm trying to finish a summer course for college but I can't find a comfortable position long enough to finish this paper, and the anxiety of that as well as wondering if I will have this leg pain for the rest of my life is making me pretty much shut down.

I guess we just have to try and stay positive. Going to try and count my blessings. "It could be worse" etc. I hope your day gets better, and I hope you have a nice weekend :)

Erin
  • Hope that your day starts to get brighter. You most definately need a break from your pain. You have been fighting this battle for a long time.

Natural to feel like this with surgery coming up, going to have some down days, but you will also have the days filled with hope and promise of what your surgery will bring. A stop to progression of your back pain. May your days leading up to your surgery be filled with many many days of hope.

We are all here backing you Tony! Glad you came here to let us know. We get it. Hope your day gets better, try to get comfy on your recliner, if the sun peaks out, step outside and soak it in. Have a great weekend.

>:D< >:D< >:D<
    >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • I'm sorry you're having one of those days. I know that it can be difficult leading up to surgery, especially in your case when it seems so far away, but you know it's coming and you're anxious to get it done and see what kind of results you'll have.

It's bound to happen, so ride it out and hope that something brings a lift in your spirits. It's difficult to live with pain day in and day out, unable to do much of anything and pinning your hopes on a surgery months down the road.

Take care of yourself, my friend, and I hope you find some solice in a movie, a book or just somewhere inside yourself today.

Cathie
  • we dont chat much but i sure know what you feeling last few days i did things for others and altho sure makes me feel great to do i'm suffering all the pain and now feel since i did those days i will be laying around pain for it dearly...
    sorry how long till surgery...as before was mentioned get out in sunshine if possible or keep vent and reaching out to us...with will keep you up. going into surgery is very important have good and up attitude...
    think of the positives you have in your life..and i agree with what was said things look bad but can always be worse...
    i hope you gave better day and if you want to further chat send me pm..
    hugs and if poss get out in that sunshine read up lifting book ...do something nice for others and yourself;
    tc and keep posting we all here for you
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • backache99 said:
    there are many posts like this one .and tomorrow i may be fine but today i feel so low .maybe it the thought of the up and coming surgey/maybe its the idiot that has made a mess of my bathroom then P/Off on holiday ! maybe i am just getting older and knowing that the less to do thats whats been done ! or maybe its just the mundane relentless lack of sleep and pain cycle .even us veterans of pain need a brake.

have good day folks
    tony x
    Hi Tony....
    I am sorry you are having a bad day.. I can relate and I believe it is everything you said.. they are all reasons.. Even the strongest of us have a breaking point, I said the other day I am broke can anyone see it I am scared I can't be fixed. It is so weird how pain can play a part in so many thing in someones life...
    I know you have to be anxious about your surgery, I know I am ( they say there is a 30 percent chance I wont have it) but my screws arent gonna tighten themselves, and when they pop around in there I can hear them and I know a sharp stabbing breath taking pain is coming down my left side... I whine like a baby. Anyway , I to have been very sad, depressed , crazy whatever anyone wants to call it I have been there with you lately...I have no idea how to make it go away,Will it go away, I am so use to it what would I do if it did go away...lol...
    I hope you are feeling better and I am always here to talk, and I always need someone to talk to .. so plz if you need anything let me know
    Sheryl :)
  • advertisement
  • its nice to know that you care .that's why this site is so valuable .life can be hard .i find it hard work to watch a so called professional make a mess of my bathroom {that's being altered in preparation for my operation at OUR COST no benefit or hand out my poor wife is working her you know whats off !! to pay the loan ..only to have an idiot do the work and mess us around ..it bothers me because i was a professional electrician and even if i say it myself .i was meticulous in my work and always did an exceptional job..if i was well enough i could do this job myself ..as i could have done so many in the house ..but due to my restriction i have had to get someone in to do work and i hate it .especially when i know i could do a better job .watching some one cock up 500 pounds worth of mermaid panels makes me sick .{mermaid panels are replacements for ceramic tiles }.i have had to purchase more stuff to make the job as right as its going to be at yet more cost to me and kath ..and then we were promised one week and it will be done after waiting a month ..he did half a day and a full day then half a day then .because he needed to finish off another job before his holidays he PO and i have had a unfinished mess of a bathroom for the last two weeks .and as many of you know i am very particular i like to be clean and at the moment my luxury bathroom resembles a sxxit hole ! as you can tell its P/Oing me off .but thanks again girls .we will see what will happen when the idiot returns from spain on tue
    tx
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • EDITED

Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Moderator haglandc
  • Go away!!! You've already been dimed.. you're done spammer!!! Shesh...

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement