Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Best wishes and be safe east coast

alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Matters of the Heart
Best of luck to you all on the east coast. This storm is a big one so be safe. If you are close to the coast this is not one you want to ride it out. Alex
Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,
advertisement

Comments

• I hope all of those on the east coast have moved inland and are safe. I am sure there might be some of you whom won't have access for a few days with power outages but stay safe and know were all thinking of you. Hopefully you will all be fine and the damage will be minimal for you. Take care.
  • I am about an hour and 1/2 from New York City in PA. I know they are talking about us losing power and flooding. I am getting prepared. If I knew anyone that needs a place to go I would sure offer my guest room.... I pray for those choose to stay and those who are leaving and not knowing if they will have a home to come back to. Hurricane party, my house Saturday & Sunday!!! Whoot!
  • advertisement
  • A guest room? Hmmmm. It is looking a litle cloudy here and i do need a vacation.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I cannot guarantee electrical service or running water lol we are still getting the rain bands, wind of 40 to 60 mph gusts of 75, & possible tornadoes but you are completely welcome! I'm originally from Florida. I thought I was done with summertime hell. LOL
  • I think I made a post about this storm same time as this last night. Can Admin. Tam put those posts here?

I'm in Toronto and if anyone needs a place let me know! BYOBUM(Bring your own blow up mattress)

But seriously I'm worried about poere outages and high winds and flooding for you all in the threatened areas. Char
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Sorry i think i made post and then i notiiced you already had one up, my goof up
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hurricane Hazel hit back in 1954 and many were unprepared with weather trackers back then so please google Hurricane Hazel to see the damage that Hurricane did to
    NY and Toronto where I live. I expect this Hurricane Irene is a different track but already there's been 2 lives lost. Char
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,527
    Yes, we knew all about Irene coming up the coast.. Starting at a Cat 3 but should be downleveled to a Cat 1 by landfall in New England....

BUT...
    1938, before there were some advance weather forecasting, a Cat 5 Hurricane ripped into Long Island and New England. It changed forever what the Long Island Eastern beaches look like and wiped out so many coastal towns in RI. When it was done, about 800 people had died, over 1,500 houses destroyed and enough timber that kept mills working for about 5 years.

So, where did my wife and I go today? Up to Bristol, RI, which was scheduled to have a 5:00pm evacuation. Were we crazy (Alex, dont answer that one), but it was the wedding of the daughter from one of my best friends from High School. After 35+ years, we are still close friends, so there would be no way we would miss the wedding.

The wedding was moved up from 5:00pm to 11:00am. Good move. We left the reception at 4:30 and drove about 3 hours back home. Lots of rain, but nothing all that bad.

So tonight, with all my Roybai Flashlights and Batteries charged, Lots of Candles, tons of batteries, we are ready.

Who know what will happen when it hits.
    Last newscast I saw, almost downplayed the storm.

I will post back tomorrow (unless we are without power)

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • "I thought I was done with summertime hell."

I had to chuckle when I read this Ouch. I've been through a bunch of these buggers over the years: Camille, David, Andrew, Gloria, Katrina, Wilma etc...4 roofs later. One of the nice things I noticed last week since I retired, "NO" more planning evacuations...no more calling everyone in the world to let them know what aircraft are going where, who is going where etc. Aaaahhh....

Now it's just "should I shudder"... "Is there enough beer?" Heheheh :) I knew there were benies to retirement!!! (G)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I will pray for yall Ron. I think my family is far enough west to not have too many problems. All they have said on our news stations is that we may be without power for 5 to 10 days IF we lose power. It's raining cats & dogs here but the winds are only about 15 mph now. We are having some good family time tonight. Hurricanes always seem to slow families down a bit & bring them together. The bad thing is sometimes I wonder if I am going to survive the night with a sixteen year old couped up for 24 hours. The fun has already begun. I want to evacuate my house right now!
advertisement