Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Best wishes and be safe east coast

Comments

• Lol. Alex dont answer that 1? I would never lol. Hopefully it wont get real bad but i am sure flooding will get prety bad. Hopefully some neighbors will have generators to share to get power up for most. I know fema provided generators when florida got hit so they beter have enough to provide them to people for this one.

Keeping an eye on it on CNN ,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I would for sure love to hear what you would say but it probably isn't appropriate to type it here cause believe me I could too. This is my third teenager I know all about it. Woo hoo first tornado warning now. Got to go .....
  • advertisement
  • I hope you don't lose power because we need you here. That's good you got back safe from the wedding.

Ouch-Stay safe with this tornado warning. Praying for all of you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Ok so anyone hear from Ron? Or his power is down?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,528
    Power was out for about 36 hours. We got it back about 6 hours ago. I just got home from work, and wanted to check in.

I should be back to normal come tomorrow.

Charry and Ouchithurts, thank you for you kind words and concern.

Alex, I have definitely enjoyed your style and humor lately.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • advertisement
  • So glad to hear you're all okay and made it through Ron!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Fortunately we did not lose power here. We had about 5 tornado warnings here but only 1 touch down w/minimal damage. About 50% of my neighbors had really bad basement flooding & here we are sitting dry.(finally something not so stressful). A lot of my friends lost power & won't have it back until Friday @ 11:59pm. Yea. Can u believe the electric company actually gave the minute it would come back on? And they said it won't be a minute before. It is so awful for her and her kids. I am doing what I can to help her but she's too proud ;( .
    Ron, I am so glad you made it through. It goes to prove praying helps. I sent out a few extra for ya!
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    I am glad to see you back Ron.
    I was watching CNN and following the effects Irene was having, so I am glad all my online friends only suffered mimimal damage.
    Seeing all that rain, I was thinking you would be bailing out your basement again, so I am happy to hear it was just a powercut, but 36 hrs is a long time to have to cope without electricity.
    You also managed to go to the wedding, it was great they were able to bring it forward so the ceremony could still go ahead.

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • She missed South Florida, but similar to what happened in the NE, we had in '99' when the other "Irene" whacked us - white caps in the back yard!! (G)

The only "nice" with this hurricane crap, is being retired, I don't have to get involved anymore with "other" evacs, employee evacs, HQ notifications etc...BIG stress reducer.

Stay safe all - just starting the peek season down here in South Florida.... More "stuff" out there. Hopefully the water will start going down soon up there....

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • There is Ron, Liz we have to return the furniture to the Mod: Room now. I will just refill the wine botles with grape fruit juice he will never notice.

Glad you made it through the storm without any serious damage. I though you might be sucking out the water from the basement with a garden hose.
    2012 scs implant ,
advertisement