Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Morning Problems!

Comments

• A physical with blood tests checking hormones and any vitamin deficiency is a good point! I have done all these myself before my sleep study.

Bill maybe your new PM Dr. could try another pain medication that doesn't cause so much drowsiness. Try to sleep on your side with a pillow between your knees and log roll out of bed slowly. I always do foot stretches as I'm so afraid of falling with my weak ankle down the stairs.

Chronic pain can be so draining even to those of us who used to be so active. Best wishes with your appointment on the 19th and see you Family Dr. for all bloodwork to find out why you're so drowsy. I know my muscle relaxer can make me really tired also throughout the day. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • your body is in pain so it send signals to your brain to wake you up to attend to it
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
  • Ouch it hurts, and many of the others sound like me. I guess it’s pretty common. I know mornings are the very worst for me! I am so tired and hurt so bad too and I’m sure I don’t sleep very well most of the time. What a crappy deal huh… I don't think anybody with pain issues ever gets a decent night's sleep, at least that's my observation.
  • You touched on the root cause of why many have sleep apnea...Hormonal imbalance. Specifically, hypothyroidism. The most common cause of hypothyroidism is Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, which causes joint pain, sleep disorders as well as the typical symptoms that you think about with hypothyroidism. Many doctors only test for TSH which many times does not give a true diagnosis. A full thyroid panel with thyroid antibodies is vital.

SG
  • my new PM wanted to try me on differant oral meds, B4 having a pain pump put in, He gave me .05 methadone, and I was baxicaly knowkd out ofr 24 hours, talk about lethergy..man. so whils I was on them I thought I only take them and no hydro (it was ok to continue both per. PM. BIG MISTAKE super ZOMBI so the day before I was to see him, I took only the 1 methadone no hydro, until the next morning, When I saw him, he said (well it doesnt look like you can handle oral meds, evan on that low of a dose .05 or maybe it was just 5 mg) reguardless thats why im going for the pain pump and hydro is the only thing my insurance will cover, not oxycotin or any type third teir level, meds, and now the insurance (if they appprove it) I was canaceled for tis past monday but good ol insurance takes its time, but it will run them probly roughly 70 to $100,000 plus the fills around 1200 or so each every couple fo months or so, all this depends on hte size and amt of meds I will be on. With only 2 hydros now Im very lethargic and foggy brained, That and the pain is why Im opting for the intrathecial pain pump, THE trial was a BREEZE, I worried for nothing, but boy did it feel wonderful not to have pain or be foggy headed. My new surgical is schedualed for Oct 19th, I cant wait. I hope you and your doc can get this figured out, or try taking a little less, you could call his nurse and she could ask him what you should do or if decreesing you dose a little might help. Sorry this was so long I just got up from a daily nap, I cant stay awake all day w/t out one. best of luck to you Rose backpainzz
  • advertisement
  • I would suggest you that you monitor your sleep for few days. I had a similar problem and I consulted many doctors but it didn't work. Exercise and natural remedies help a lot though. Maintaining a good diet with enough proteins and vitamins, helps the body to be active and energized. So you follow these few tricks for sometime and if still you are not able to get the things right, then you have plenty of doctors who can give you advices and prescriptions. Take Care :)
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    period. For pain relief. My p.m. Dr. says to start with 30 mg. 1 every 8 hrs And when that didn't work. He said we'll increase 10 mg. at a time spread out equally. But DO NOT take them all at once! You'll be so lethargic you'll probably sleep all day. We eventually settled on 6,10 mg. tabs. Spread out over the day. But said I could take them in any amount that I could tolerate.
    One time he asked me if I ever took the whole 60 mg. at once. I told him I tried 3 10 mg. tabs at a time. and could not function.
    A heroin addict only takes 90 mg. a day as a rule. and when they distribute them once a day. The addicts have to take them all at once. I Can't figure out how they get home???
    I realise that this is way out of date. But it may help someone.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.