Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What are your drug of choice for back pain?

Comments

• Is life!

"C"
  • is a Beefeater Martini, ice cold, straight up, with a twist.

Oh, you were asking about back pain.

I'm a person for whom NSAIDs have absolutely no effect. I've tried them all with no results even at high dosages. I did, however, notice nasty side effects.

I have tried various painkillers with similar non-results. E.g., Vicodin does nothing for me and I hate taking all that acetaminophen for no reason.

I was starting to think I was immune to all pain meds short of morphine.

Finally, my doctor suggested Tramadol. It's an opioid, not an opiate. I'd never tried it, but hey, I'll try any drug once. (Motto from college days.)

Tramadol works for me! Amazing! 50 mg is good and 100 mg is "don't drive a car or make any important decisions" good.
  • advertisement
  • I am 22 years old and recently had two failed lumbar surgeries. Ive taken just about every narcotic pain med out there and what has helped me the most are the following.

Fentanyl Patch 50 mcg/hr ever 48 hours
    Hydrocodone 10 mg for break through pain
    Nourontin 600 mg for nerve pain. seems to be helping better than Lyrica did also way less side effects.
    I took Dilaudid 4 mg six times a day for the first two months after the second surgery which helped but only for a short amount of time (1 hour) because it has such a short half life.(2 hrs) Dilaudid should only be taken while your in the hospital after surgery and no more than two to three weeks after surgery. My pain management "doctor" f'ed up on that one. Good luck
  • Hi Trisa1795

Gabapentin and Advil have helped me over the Opid drugs alone. A combination seems to work best however Gabapentin will make you sleepy until your body adjusts. Then again everyone is different but might be worth mentioning to your doctor.
    Best wishes to you in finding relief >:D<
advertisement