Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

L4/L5 disc reherniation

Comments

• hey there,
    i had L4/5 microdiscectomy in March 2011... and it made things way better. For about a week! And then it got WAY WORSE. Total blowout re-herniation. So i had to repeat surgery 5 weeks after first one in April. Now it is 6 months later. I was pain free for a couple months. Then it got worse after active summer. Worse as in, some return of sciatica, cramping in butt.. Since then, more PT, massage, etc. Lot of swimming. Some acupuncture lately, from a guy who specializes in pain relief, has really helped. Getting more fit helps. Honestly, it seems to be a 'flare up' of nerves, I was managing it with NSAIDS, but now it seems to level off, and though i have minor pain and some numbness, its not too bad. I am careful, maintain good posture, exercise regularly, avoid high inflammation foods, etc. And maybe long term low level discomfort is my destiny, and that is fine with me. ANything but the debilitating pain I had! So, I figure, I'll ride this out long as I can... Some gentle back care yoga is feeling good, found a class...maybe that second surgery will be the ticket, but then, be sure to keep your core strength up, be CAREFUL, swim, make it an opportunity to embrace health and wellness to avoid that spinal fusion.... and good luck!