Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

public apology to anyone that doesn't like me

Comments

• Tony...just a bit of insight from an experience I had. I was very active in a cause and belonged to a volunteer group's chat board. Well apparently there was some fall out that was behind the scenes between some of the active group members. Several of my good friends left the chat board. I was sad but still stayed on.

Low and behold for no clear reason, I was banned. No warning, nothing. When I inquired, I was not happy with the response and was told if I wanted to rejoin I should post back in the 'intro' section to get re-approved. I decided I didn't need the drama in my life.

That board was my lifeline to a passion I have (saving animals). I felt as if I just lost all my closest friends. But lo and behold, I didn't. Eventually, they all found me through other venues and rescue sites. I haven't lost my true friends and extended family.

I'm sure you will have this board for years to come but I did want to tell you that story to say I know exactly how you feel about the people here...they really do become a part of your life!

I hope you have a good day today!
  • Perhaps the person who complained about you should be banned. You have a strong following and if you were a US citizen,could probably run for an elected political office and get elected with no problem!!!

Please don't keep a low profile and keep on posting!! There are a lot of supporters that look forward to hearing what you have to say.
  • advertisement
  • I am sorry to hear what you are going through. I always look forward to reading your posts. You are always here supporting everyone and offering your 16 years of chronic pain experience.

Please don't change being you.On top of all the wonderful, caring posts you put on here, you need the support of all the members here.

Finally after all the waiting you have been doing, you are going to be having your own surgery soon. We all want to be here for you, when you go through this.

Please keep coming here and being you, we missed you while you were gone, and want you to continue coming on here. Hope that whatever happened won't deter you from activily participating here.

We are here for you my friend.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Ok what did i miss this time? I leave for a day and you kids are chewing on lead paint off the window sill.

Not worth geting upset over anything in here if you ask me!
    I dont think you are a target Tony. We all have been in a position where 1 out of 6 or 7 people will read too much in to what we say posibly and either get way over sensative over nothing and its always going to hapen.

This fine line between what is medical advise and what is an opinion is not very complicated to me. Nobody here is a dr so nothing that is posted here can be a medical advise if its not coming from a DR!

So unless you have Md or dr next to your name nothing can be considered medical advise!

So i dont understand all this confusion here always trying to sort out who is giving medical advise or who is giving there opinion. Its all opinions. Nothing can be considered medical advise from any member.

It says at the front door last i looked when you come in! We are not medical profesionals and should not be considered as medical advise!

Tony. You say in your post you not as popular as you once was?
    Whats that all about, Who the hell wants to be popular especialy on a pain medical website,

Whatever warning you got might be just a heads up posibly geting too medical or something like that. Just take it for what its worth. Why get so upset,

Good luck. Hope you feel beter and dont let it screw up your day,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • you must understand that i know i am not special there are many on here worse off than me .financially and in health .and i don't class myself above anyone ,but what i do want to do is give my many years of hell. and hope that others can benefit from my ill health .by me telling them how to cope with certain things .how to control pain using TENS and certain beds /recliners and other peripherals that can help ..and i say it again that's all i thought i was doing .i was and still am shocked to find that i am being warned again due to giving advice out{that's too close to medical } ..that's why we are here and if we have to use medical terms to describe a procedure ..is that medical advice ?? i don't want to sound thick when i am trying to explain something to someone and lets face it most of us are expert patients .{my doctor has me down as an expert patient and hes has me talk to young doctors in his surgey and at my home when i was too ill to go out about living with back pain and that's is the truth .so if he can trust what i say please i must be worth something ..if i don't know about something i wont comment but there not much i don't know about lower back problems .once again thank you for your support ,i really appreciate it
    tony
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • advertisement
  • I really hate any kind of pain. It doesn't matter what hurts, physical or mental. I think both feed off each other. In your post, I hear alot of pain... Whatever happened, I hope it can be resolved very fast. Pain, and looking for answers brought us here. The very thought of being liked or disliked is very wrong in a health site. Pain, suffering, being scared has no borders... Being popular or not, pain doesn't care. I will be a member of SH in a few weeks. Like alot of other members, suffering with a condition for many years before joining a support group. I hope that is what it stays, a caring support site! Tony, I hope this works out for the best and you feel better! We don't need anything else making our pain worse. Good luck with your up coming surgery. Brenda C.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,526
    to also state the value that Tony brings to this site as a member and as a person. Let me also state, that I was the one that delivered a message/warning of concern. No one else needs to be implicated.

I appreciate Tony for so much of what he has done in terms of helping others and providing information. I've known Tony for a while now and we have had many good private conservations expressing the well being of each other as well as Spine-Health.

Sure, there may be some situations that needed to be addressed. Nothing in terms of what happen before.

Things came up that needed to be addressed. I handled this with Tony directly, and as far as I am concerned, it is a dead issue over and done with.

So, we all can move on from here without any problems.
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • well said ron. although i have never talked to, e-mailed or PMd you i have always found you to be a polite individual, tony, who seems generally concerned with others and their issues, who is also willing and trusting enough to let yourself be cared for by others. to me, this is what this site is all about. thanks for listening to my opinion.
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    This site is informative and friendly..but I have to say, there were a couple of YOUR comments that I "cut and pasted" for easy access on my desktop.:)

Your words were so encourageing! ...informative and compassionate. I leaned on them for awhile...so, thanks for that support!

Please know I hope to be here as a support to you. We all have different experiences, levels of knowledge re' what's happening to us as individuals, let alone someone else. :)
    But I consider you a friend and am here for you ...if nothing else but to listen and encourage you along the way.

Thanks for your honesty in sharing what was on your heart and mind. I hope it clarified some stuff and you are more comfortable and able to rest more easily... and relax with your friends!

Here's to keep on keeping on!

Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 7,385
    hit button twice :(
    Sue
    Honorary Spine-Health Moderator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History

advertisement