Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pre-Surgery "Stay-cation" in the Keys via RV

Aviatrix36440Aviatrix36440 Posts: 5,740
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:56 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Jellyhall said:
Hoping that you have a wonderful time in the Keys and that you manage to get some sunshine and manage to dodge the raindrops.

Spoil yourself while you are there and remember that you have just had a birthday, so you deserve it. I had meant to send you birthday wishes, and I forgot! Sorry!! Hope that you had a great day once the tests were over.

Things have been pretty busy with me lately. Work is manic, my duaghter is expecting her baby in a couple of weeks and her daughter has just started school, so she is spending lots of time with me. Big Grin
Then there are all my medical appointments lately. I am still waiting to hear of a date for my full spine MRI scan, and my appointment to discuss the results is on 11th October. My physio and GP can't believe that I haven't heard anything! They have both written to the hospital, and my doctor sent a fax about it on Wednesday. I am trying to be patient, but I will have to phone AGAIN to ask when the scan will be. I feel they must say 'It's that woman again!!'

Have a great weekend Big Hug Big Hug Big Hug
Howdy Jelly,

Moved your post to me to my thread. :) Hopefully you will hear something soon. Waiting is NOT one of my big pluses many times when it comes to doctor stuff!!

Whelps, here I am down in Key Largo in my little home away from home RV. This is our little 'stay-cation' and in south Florida terms, means less than a 100 miles away from home, but away.... Stephanie my almost 20 year old tabby is at my feet (left the boyz home!), coffee at the finger tips and a pecan roll being slowly nibbled - who can ask for more than this? (G) This trip is a mix of "short" post birthday, and short pre-surgery celebration.

We are located at what is called "Pennekamp" State Park in Key Largo. It is really nice, quiet, scenic, out there...park. Most of the RV's out here are class "C" or tents, a few pop ups here and there. No high dollar types - this is camping after all! (G) Hubby had to run to the house to take care of a couple of little things, but once he gets back and the coffee is taking affect, off we will go to explore. We may live down here, but hell, (G) we can play tourist better than the best of em! We'll be here until Sunday, and then the hubby has to return to the real world, and I to my lovely home... But anyways boys and girls, that is where my weekend will be - "living in my RV, my little home away from home..." :)

Brenda
PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
advertisement

Comments

• Brenda, have a wonderful time!!! This will be so good for you. I'm so happy you're off in Jimmy Buffett world. I hope the weather in nice.. Let your hubby spoil you!!! Don't think about anything!!! Just chill!! Hugs, Brenda C.

• Make the most of every minute. It sounds great. I wish I could pop in for a coffe and those pecan rolls sound lovely!

Today I got a letter with an appointment for my MRI scan! At last!! Whoopiee! They didn't mention it being a full spine MRI, but at least something is going to be scanned! Appointment is on 3rd October. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope you get some sunshine to make some Vitamin D to help sstrengthen your bones ready for your surgery. B)

• advertisement
  • Today was 'tourist mode 101' for sure! We roamed around the huge aquariums and mini museum. Then we took the 3 hour glass bottom boat tour of the barrier reef that sits off of and along the keys. The weather was suppose to stink (rain), but it was great!

Went to din-din down in Marathon. I love Snow Crab, and I am gobbling up so much of it, I'm gonna turn into one! (G)

Tomorrow planning on seeing about doing some snorkeling! Since I won't be holding my head up in my paddle swimming, this might work out well. We'll see. Fingers crossed. :)

Brenda
  • Hehe...that is the day I get my 'full body' NCS/EMG done! (G) Trade ya, 1 MRI for lots of zaps and needle sticks? No taker huh? Fine, be that way! (EG) Jelly, hopefully you will find they do the whole spine. That would be great news for sure!!

My vitamin D tanked for some reason, so on a megga D pill once a week for 12 weeks to see how it goes. I got a call today from the hospital confirming my surgery date and verifying all my info (registration/insurance etc.) was correct and up to date. I should have a surgery time here soon. Whew!!

Brenda

• Now my friend, I really need this MRI scan so can't swap with you for your full body EMG and nerve tests. Otherwise I would LOVE to oblige!! Anyway, I have already had some EMG and nerve testing, so it is only fair that you have some too!! :))(

Actually I do wish that they had tested the nerves and muscles on my legs when they did my arms. Perhaps that will be another day's testing.

I have been put back onto Vitamin D and Calcium supplements now that we are going into autumn.

My first appointment with the Pain Clinic is next Tuesday. This is, I believe, just to talk about how to management my pain and symptoms. I still really feel that I don't want needles into my neck! :SS
    We'll see what happens!

Have a great Sunday in paradise Brenda >:D< >:D< >:D<

Are you taking lots of photos to bring back those happy memories while you are very limited during your recovery?

• advertisement
  • Jelly,

Yeah but, yeah but, but, but...this will be my 3rd NCS/EMG in less than a year! Oh well they aren't that bad.

My vitamin D is usually "right up there," so this was a surprise that it just went out on this last blood panel. Liver was up a bit too, but my meds had been increased in the BP area, so that makes sense as my body adapts.

The hubby and I have never been shudder bugs, but we are taking some pictures. Gonna go shopping here in a little bit for some snorkeling gear. The weather has been so much better than it was suppose to be, so we're taking it while we can. :)

Brenda

• You deserve it!
    Think of soaking up that sunshine as soaking up inner strength to cope with your surgery.

Let the sun shine! B)

>:D< >:D< >:D<
  • jellyhall said:

You deserve it!
    Think of soaking up that sunshine as soaking up inner strength to cope with your surgery.

Let the sun shine! B)

>:D< >:D< >:D<
    Jelly,

Tis the Sunshine state after-all! Albeit, this time of the year is the 'rainy' state too down in South Florida. Looks like hurricane wise, we lucked out yet again. Whew!!! Yeah, a month and a half to go, but peek just past.... :)

Brenda
  • Aviatrix36440 said:

Tis the Sunshine state after-all! Albeit, this time of the year is the 'rainy' state too down in South Florida. Looks like hurricane wise, we lucked out yet again. Whew!!! Yeah, a month and a half to go, but peek just past.... :)

Brenda
    Yes, please say that out loud! The clouds didn't quite hear you the first time. ;-)
    Disability retirement
  • hey lady,
    Nice weekend for you. Hope your pain was not to bad for you doing all that stuff.
    It's just what you needed before big day. >:D<
    I go in am for my sitting MRI sure hope finds something thats causing my leg issues..how long was yours went you had it done?
    If your around maybe catch up in chat.
    mary
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
advertisement