Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Pre-Surgery "Stay-cation" in the Keys via RV

Comments

• Howdy Mary,

We just had a wonderful (albeit expensive) dinner at a Brazilian restaurant. 16 different meats to try, veggies, shrimp, beer and a B52 coffee to close it all out. Oh, sooooo stuffed! (G) We head back tomorrow early afternoon.

Also went on a clothes shopping spree. I haven't shopped for a while, and needed too, so the money I didn't spend smoking became my clothes fund! (G) The hubby reminded me that I am 2 weeks and 2 days out from surgery now. Hehehe..lol, he's keeping more of an eye on it than I am time wise! (G)

Just looked for you in chat, didn't see ya. I hope to catch ya in there soon. *HUGZ*

Lumbar MRI...Mine still took around 35 or 40 minutes (no contrast used for my lumbar). I was fairly comfortable, and was watching tv to divert my attention, so it wasn't that bad. Hopefully you too will find it isn't too bad overall.

Monday I go through all the testing for MS, ALS - so it will be nice to have that behind me once and for all. Then pulmonary Wednesday, and surgical clearance from my GP, and Full body and spine NCS/EMG next week...then hopefully done being a pin cushion until surgery. (G)

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
    I am so jealous of your vacation to the Keys. It is my favorite place to be!!!! I am a previous Floridian and cant wait for the day to move back
    Susan
  • advertisement
  • We try to come down here 2 to 3 times a year for little vacations, more often the upper Keys (Gilbert's) for dinner here and there. We've already decided once I'm mobile again and comfortable, back down for a mini... :)

Where in Florida did you use to live? I lived in Jacksonville for a little over 7 years, and now here in South Florida going on 15 years...The weather hasn't been classic south Florida, but a far cry better than the predicted (yucky/wet) weather was suppose to be. So it turned into a 'win-win' all around.

Still kicking around the camp ground. We've been watching 'tent' campers breaking camp and getting all packed up. Some of these families have the whole camping 'break camp, break down camp' down to a tea! Wow!!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.