Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Celebrating 22 years of pain!

advertisement

Comments

• This is wonderful site. It is a challenge to deal with severe pain 24 hour a day with hardly any relief. Every time I move my neck it like bone breaking pain. I goes deep into the bone and almost knocks me out. I am afraid to take any nerve block injections. I have the weirdest reactions to everything, smiles.. I understand completely about trying to find a reason to live with such mind blowing pain. I live with 3 little female cats, well one on them is a fatty girl and she is very bitchy now. Ha Ha, she has arthritis and is 20 lbs. overweight . lol I have two little dogs, one is old and blind. He is a survivor. He gets pissed and takes off running when he is frustrated because he can't see anymore.. He is a trooper. I watch him go for walks, blind and he is very brave. Animals have a strong survival instinct. I live alone with 3 cats, two little dogs and 18 birds. They have taught me to be strong and keep on getting up no matter have much pain I am in or how discouraged I get because nothing is working. I hope to hear from the people on this site and hope to be able to help anyone I can to move past the pain and find a reason for living again. Thanks Darlene
  • I have been dealing with very severe pain for more than 50 years!
    I used to demand help from medicine.

Now I just take it one day at a time. I do what I can and leave the rest for someone else. Literally, I have dropped cash and stood there till someone will pick it up for me.

I do what I can and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes.

Believe it or not, we are gaining valuable experience that the healthy don't get. My mom was never sick a day in her life till she had cancer. She gave up after a very short battle. She told me she had no idea how I manage to fight everyday with the pain (which is worse than her cancer was) every single day. I remember one day when she threw up three times. That was enough - she could not take "anymore". I have spent whole days in so much pain I can't keep a thing down! If I ever get cancer, I don't know what I will do but I wonder if I am better able to deal with the issues? Hope I don't find out!
    just one example of how a healthy person was less able to deal with illness.
  • advertisement
This discussion has been closed.