Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Feeling down and anxiety over surgery etc..

Comments

• I just read your last post! I'm so happy for you!!! Now maybe you can mentally get yourself prepared!!! I just know this will be the right surgery to get your life back. Praise the Lord!!! Maybe, you can still have that surgery Oct,17!!! Hugs, Brenda
  • I just got my surgery date confirmed this morning. My slot was still open so I am having surgery on Oct. 17th. Wow suddenly that's soon!
  • advertisement
  • Good to hear your surgery will go ahead as scheduled. I hope you get the relief you need from surgery. Praying it will be a success. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Awesome Splenda!!! They still had the slot open, excellent news! I'm starting to work on my "to do" list before surgery. I know I won't get everything done I want to, but at least get a stab at it. (G) 13 days and a wake up!

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • I'm so glad that your surgeon was able to get it all sorted out for you and that your original date was still open. Good luck with your surgery, and speedy recovery to you!! Try not to worry to much in the meantime, take it easy and make sure that you review the list in the FAQ section and have everything set up that you need prior to the big day!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • I'm so happy to hear it got worked out so quickly and you still have the same date, although as always, not happy to hear that you have to have surgery.

But I hope it gives you the relief you need. Yes, it's very possible to be excited and have butterflies all at the same time - I expect many of us have felt the same way.

Congrats on getting thing straightened out and I wish you the very best on your surgery. Now, go buy some new underwear - a spiney surgery rule - you must have new underwear when you get home. LOL

Take care and as always, please keep us posted.

Cathie
  • That's funny because before I even read this I went out and bought new undies...lol
  • Thanks Charry and everyone for your replies, advice, tips and well wishes!
  • Ms. Splenda...

Just checking in...hoping you are feeling better and such. :) *HUGZ*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Hi Brenda,

Thanks for checking with me :) How sweet of you. Yes I am feeling better that my surgery is back on and approved! Especially since this last week my pain is getting worse especially at night. Now at least I have some hope. But I am counting down now and of course having second thoughts, getting scared and wondering if I am doing the right thing. I know I will have surgery now no matter what, I just can't help feeling this way. I have one of my first pre-op appointments today. I have three total one with my regular doc, one with my orthopedic surgeon, and one with the vascular surgeon. Eeeeeekkkkkk! Have a good day and Hugz back at ya!
advertisement