Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Working with chronic pain is killing me!- any support would be appreciated

Comments

• Oh, can I relate! Following an auto accident, I spent more than 20 years living in chronic pain which grew worse every year. Doctors told me, "Learn to live with it."

For years, I did live with it. I worked freelance, so I could control when and how many hours I worked. And I spent every dollar I earned on ergonomic chairs, a special bed, chiropractic, massage and other therapies which never did more than let me get through the next week. It was a tortured merry-go-round that came to an end in 2009 when I read a book by Professor/Dr. xxx, "Forever Free From Chronic Pain."

Professor xxx is not a clinician. He is a medical researcher who spent 40 years searching for the source of chronic pain and developing a therapy to cure it. I read his book three times, then scheduled a phone consultation with him and sent him all my xrays.

It took a lot of courage for me to believe the claims xxx made. I'd come to have no faith in doctors at all. But I was desperate. In fact I was near to suicide. So in 2010, when Professor/Dr. xxx confirmed that he could treat me long distance, I began xxx Propriocpetive Therapy. Everything Professor/Dr. xxx told me has proven to be absolutely true and a year later, my life has been transformed. Absolutely transformed.

Professor/Dr. xxx has two no-cost reports available that explain his work.
    And his book is available at Amazon.

I encourage anyone suffering from all-over, chronic muscle and joint pain to learn about the work of Professor/Dr. xxx. And I wish more doctors would learn about it, too. It would be a mercy if they would stop telling people like me that we must "learn to live with it."

Post Edited by Tam for Doctors names and soliciting.
  • for your support and thoughtful words.

I'm having ALIF on Oct 19, I hope it helps. I'm taking leave from my job for the surgery, but as the family breadwinner, this is stressful, as disability income will be quite a bit less than my regular pay.

Which is why I work... ugh.

Thanks for reminding me that a lot of people are going through this, too.
  • advertisement
  • Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by Authority Member Liz
  • Gabapentin worked for me but you have to take it gradually to increase the dose and gradually decrease
    the dose to come of it. I took it short term which allowed me to increase mobility with a herniated disc.
    I stopped taking them gradually as with all medications
    they can have side effects or addiction. One must
    research the internet for information on prescription drugs and not simply reply on them. Pain relief management is important not pain relief reliance.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.