Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

chronic back pain

kimmkkimm Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Chronic Pain
hi..my name is kimm..i live in pa. but my son lives in brentwood tenn...near nashville..anyways he has been livin there 4 about 3 yrs an he has severe chronic pain an needs to find a dr who can help him with his medications...he has been travelin back an forth to pa just to c dr an get his meds!!!! does anyone know a pain clinic or a dr there who will keep writing his prescriptions he has been getting up here...or at least see him an see if he can write some type of meds close to what my son has been takin..he has been on opanas an before he was on methadone for his pain...we need to know if an what drs there are willing to write him his meds so he doesn't have to travel back an forth for them.....please help if u can ..it would b greatly appreciated!!!! thanx again kimm
advertisement

Comments

• No doctor is going to write him a prescription for meds without seeing him. And if they are willing to do that, then they should have their licenses taken away. Can you tell us more about the chronic pain he is experiencing? Has he had testing done to determine the cause? What medication is he currently taking?
  • I UNDERSTAND THAT HE CAN'T JUS GET RX WROTE OUT HE HAS HIS XRAY AN MRI REPORTS FROM DR HE SEEN IN PA. I WAS JUS TRYING TO FIND OUT IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY PAIN MAMAGEMENT CLINICS OR DRS IN THE NASHVILLE AREA THAT DO WRITE OUT RX...I CALLED QUITE A FEW DRS IN THAT AREA AN THEY ALL WANT 300.00 DOLLARS 4 FIRST VISIT AN 175.00 FOR THOSE APPTS AFTER, THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY TO BE SPENDING IF UR NOT SURE IF THE DR WILL WRITE A RX FOR HIM !!! SO I WAS TRYING TO SEE IF ANYONE KNEW OF A DR THAT DEFITNITLY WROTE OUT RX IF HE HAS PAPERWORK FROM ANOTHER DR THAT SHOWS HES IN PAIN AN WAS GETTING MEDS BEFORE HE MOVED TO TENN.SO IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY DRS IN THE BRENTWOOD..NASHVILLE AREA THAT WRITES RX TO PEOPLE WHO NEED THEM I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP BEFORE I PUT OUT THE 300.00 DOLLARS JUS FOR A VISIT. THANX TO ANYONE WHO KNOWS A DR THAT HE CAN SEE SO HE CAN GET BACK ON HIS MEDS WITHOUT HAVIN TO SPEND ALL KINDS OF MONEY GOING FROM DR TO DR TO GET BACK ON MEDS SO HE CAN B OUT OF PAIN AN GET BACK TO WORK!!!!THANX AGAIN KIM A MOM WHO NEEDS HELP FINDIN A DR 4 HER SON...
  • advertisement
  • Hi Kim :wave:

I too live in Pa. I feel your frustration and hope you find the help your son needs soon.

Is there any way your Pa Dr can help your son find a Dr in Tenn area?
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • UNFORTUNATELY THE DR HAS PASSED AWAY..MY SON WAS DRIVING BACK AN FORTH EVERY MONTH TO C THE DR 4 HIS MEDS AN NOW HE REALLY NEEDS TO FIND A DR IN TENN. IT IS VERY HARD FOR HIM TO GET UP AN GO TO WORK AN THEN GO DOOR TO DOOR AN TRY AN TALK TO CUSTOMERS WHILE HES IN PAIN...THANX 4 CARING....KIM
  • Maybe his office can recommend someone?

PS: Your cap key is stuck ;)
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • advertisement
  • THE cookeville pain-wellness clinic,is a verry good place.they will take you,phone 931 502 8104 call them 4,thear guidelines,thear staff is great.all pain centers have a wateing list ...
  • any progress kim ?
  • no but thanks for asking
  • thanx i really appreciate it...i will let my son nO!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.