Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

What a pain in the neck.. seriously!

CinnamongirlCCinnamongirl Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:57 AM in Depression and Coping
I don't know where to start. Other than to say I want to vent about feeling bad but, I have to keep pausing in my typing because, typing hurts my arm.

I've been living with chronic pain for 5 years. I've been living with an allergy to opiates even longer. Put the two together and what you get is a life dictated by pain. Like it or not.

What drives me crazy is when people compare their pain to mine and judge me for not being able to do what they can do. What's maddening is knowing that my health care is limited by the coverage I have.

Pain might decide how much I can do in a day. How far I can walk. How long I can sit or even sleep. But, pain doesn't dictate the way I think about it. I figure I have to find and make the most happiness I can with what I have. So, I started taking pictures again. I do what I can. And when I can't.. I don't.

But, today is one of those days where I want to do more than I can and I'm frustrated. My plan? I'm going to have a nice dinner. And then I'm going to put on a movie. Maybe one of my favorites. At least those choices I get to make.
advertisement

Comments

• I am with you! I have only had neck pain for 1 year and 9 months, and I cannot bear it. I can't imagine not being able to take any pain meds, because while they don't take all of my pain, sometimes they make my life bearable. Other days, like today, I try and work as long as I can and then come home and lay on mt icepacks. Luckily, I have a very understanding boss who has bought me a stand-up workstation and allows me to work part time right now.
    I hope you find relief! Big hugs!
    Monica
    April 2011 C1-C2 Fusion (Brooks wiring)
    January 2012 C1-C2 Revision Fusion (Harms Technique)
    2010 - current: Trigger Point Injections, Epidural Injections, Bilateral C2-C3 Radiofrequency Ablations
  • achyneck said:
    I am with you! I have only had neck pain for 1 year and 9 months, and I cannot bear it. I can't imagine not being able to take any pain meds, because while they don't take all of my pain, sometimes they make my life bearable. Other days, like today, I try and work as long as I can and then come home and lay on mt icepacks. Luckily, I have a very understanding boss who has bought me a stand-up workstation and allows me to work part time right now.
    I hope you find relief! Big hugs!
    Monica
    That's great your boss is so understanding! Sometimes that helps more than people realize. Ya know I wonder how effective pain meds would even be for me. I used to get cortisone and prednisone injections and they didn't work the way my doc wanted.
  • advertisement
  • Yes, I had steroid injections too and they didn't work at all. The only thing that has helped is lidocain injections in the back of my head, which gives me 2 days of relief. My husband wonders if it is worth the 10 hour round trip drive for 2 days of relief...ummmm yes! :)
    April 2011 C1-C2 Fusion (Brooks wiring)
    January 2012 C1-C2 Revision Fusion (Harms Technique)
    2010 - current: Trigger Point Injections, Epidural Injections, Bilateral C2-C3 Radiofrequency Ablations
  • achyneck said:
    Yes, I had steroid injections too and they didn't work at all. The only thing that has helped is lidocain injections in the back of my head, which gives me 2 days of relief. My husband wonders if it is worth the 10 hour round trip drive for 2 days of relief...ummmm yes! :)
    I'm glad you're able to get relief. Relief is a good thing!
advertisement