Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

Surgeon wants to do an ADR. Excited but Scared! Experiences?

Comments

• I am really happy that you shared your thoughts as I knew that you both had adr and was wanting to hear more about your experiences. Like you said, the issue of how long it will last really isn't my main issue, since although I used to be very active, now I would just like to be able to walk without a cane, and sit in a straight back chair for more than a minute, be able to sleep more than an hour at a time. I don't need to be able to run a marathon or climb mountains.

The main thing that worries me is the facet problems, with already having moderate problems.

Buckeye, I soo appreciate the links that you have sent! I have been lying here reading them, and they are very informative, thank you so much!

Charry, I am going for another opinion, but he doesn't do adr. I know that you are Canadian too, and I think there are only two surgoens in the country that do adr...I think.But I am sure they will be able to give their opinion about adr even if they don't perform it,or see about fusion alternative.

Back to research...

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Your very welcome Karen. :)

There are other websites that have forums especially for ADR patients. You'll have to google search them out because we are not allowed to post any other forum websites on here from what I remember. They will be removed by moderators. It is what it is. Sorry.

Good luck with your research :)
  • advertisement
  • 1 level being fused is not a big deal. Many have multiple levels fused and are doing fine,
    Just depends how good the surgery turns out i guess,

Ye michelle is my adr sister, she the one the family no longer talks to cause she is so selfish. Lol. She never did play well with others,

Ps. There are many websites of positive outcomes of adr but there is also just as many of failed adr surgery,

What would worry me is if you are in Canada and they have not been doing much adr would even make me more worried, i would not want them to practise the procedure on me, Ey?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • hi Karen feel free to contact me i have inboxed you . i will share my personal experience with my 3 level ADR and answer any questions you may have as to what to expect.

i had mine done 3+ years ago and have had a successful experience

i wish you the best in whatever you decide is the best decision for you we are all made up so differently and what works for some is not necessarily the best option for others. good luck :)
  • been doing alot of reading, both good and bad. I think that I am leaning towards having it done. Went to see my original surgeon on Monday. He thinks that adr is the way to go.

I had a new MRI and received the results. He said that my disc is totally done now, bone on bone, full of scar. I mentioned my concern about my facets and how quickly they too have deteriorated and how adr will affect them. He thinks that the deterioration will actually slow down after the adr, as they won't be rubbing so much after my disc space is jacked up again...hope so.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement
  • before you get all excited about having an ADR, make sure you call your insurance to ensure they will pay for it. Many won't.
advertisement