Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

It is a little early but Happy Thanksgiving to all

jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,111
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Matters of the Heart
If anyone is like me this will be a busy, buys week. Preparing to get ready for the big family get together Thursday so time will not be on my side. So I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving along with a pain free one!!!!
Susan
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,515
    a Happy Thanksgiving....

The past 5 Thanksgiving's, my daughter has had it at her house. Part of the day, was finding a couple of people who had no place to go. One year it was some hospital patients, another two homeless men, another friends who had no family and no place to go.

She is continuing that tradition, which to me is what makes Thanksgiving so very special.

I am very thankful... Last Thanksgiving, I was in a shoulder sling recovering from my Shoulder replacement, this year I am in a walker, recovering from a Hip replacement.

Why am I so lucky? I am surrounded at home, with family , with friends , with workers, with other Spine-Health members that make a difference in my life.

Happy Thanksgiving!

(Pinot Noir the choice of red wine and either a Gewurztraminer or Riesling for white to go with the Turkey)
    Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • Canada has already celebrated our Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a great day in the States. We also have turkey on the American Thanksgiving as well! Can't get enough turkey.

Thanks for the wine tip Ron. I really like Raspberry Merlot homemade from friends near Niagara Falls. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • advertisement
  • Have a safe and happy holiday weekend to y'all south of the border! I hope each and every one of you find something to be thankful for!

Ron, I actually used to bottle my own Gewurztraminer, it's one of my faves!
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
    You guys have Thanksgiving in the beginning of October (or there abouts)
    Is that right?

I am seem to remember an old friend here (Tracy-Lynne) told me about that
    US - Pilgrims, Indians, most everyone knows about this.

Canada

Traces back to 1578 voyage of Martin Frobisher in search of the Northwest Passage. One of his voyages, Frobisher Bay (guess named after him) of Baffin Island, they got bogged down with ice and weather. Looks like other historical events led to different days of Thanksgiving.

Ah the beauty of Wikipedia!

But now this is only a layman's view and interpretation of documented facts. Nothing better than hearing it from the source...

Ahemmmm , Charry, Kelly, Tracy-Lynne, etc

Please tell us more
  • advertisement
  • LizLiz Posts: 9,745
    We don't have Thanksgiving in UK, I suppose our equivalent is the Harvest festival, it isn't a national holiday but is celebrated in schools and churches, gifts of food are collected and distributed to people in need.

I love your daughter's idea Ron, what a wonderful way to show appreciation

Enjoy your weekend everyone

Liz, 

Veritas-Health Forum Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • Oct. 10 in Canada and generally means the same as the USA getting together with family and giving thanks for what we have.

I thought it was really the exchanging of corn and other goods from the land from the Indians and trading with the Pilgrims with their goods. Thought that's what I learned also.

There was always a prayer of thanks from the head of the table when we celebrated then we all chowed down and I like the big drumstick and then pulling the wishbone after! stuffing, baby carrots, gravy and mashed potatoes and sometimes yams and pumpkin pie for dessert. That's a real Thanksgiving. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Yep, we were always taught the Plymouth Rock pilgrim version. The Frobisher Bay (which is now called Iqaluit) version is a new one to me! I always figured our Thanksgiving was a little earlier because our harvest season ended earlier due to it being colder up here? LOL
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
advertisement