Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

We're building a better forum experience with you in mind. Beginning June 26, 2019, all Veritas Health forums will move to forum.veritashealth.com.

Learn More

OMG Extreme Pain - Overslept and Went 11 Hours W/O Pain Meds - 4 Weeks Post Op

Comments

• Seabeeangel :D

I am so sorry to hear you have had to have so many surgeries and that you had a similar experience! Breaks my heart when people are in pain or going through this painful chaos.

Many people have said to ask my surgeon for some valium, not sure if he will give me any or not. Maybe when I tell him about the horrible twitches i've been having. Valium would be wonders to help me relax and stay out of spasm. I hope I can remember that on Thursday when I see him.

I agree, it is so hard to keep on track without having someone to remind you and "watch the clock" for you because time gets away from you and before you know it, it's time to medicate.

My grandma felt horrible that she misunderstood. She figured that I had already gotten up and taken my meds and gone back to sleep because that is what I have been doing of a couple of days. Today unfortunately, she didn't know any better. She checked on me and I was sound asleep in perfect position so she didn't think about it.

Now we have a verbal plan in place. If she doesn't see me up and moving about by 7am to get my meds, she will physically wake me up and help me take them. Today was horrible. wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Just horrible.

I am glad you have a plan in place as well. I do sincerely hope it is working for you and that you have not had to endure another mishap. I will keep you in my prayers, stay strong! God bless you my friend, thank you for posting, for the tips and I hope we can talk again soon.
    >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<
  • Hope that you are having a much better morning this morning.Judging from your posts, it looks like things got much better for you as the day went on yesterday so that is great. How sweet that your 6 year old did laps with you =D>

I too have experienced intractable pain when I have stayed in bed too long...terrible feeling. I usually wake up every 1 1/2 hours due to pain so have meds on hand to take at some point during the night, or my wonderful hubby will bring them to me. Otherwise first thing in the morning is unbearable. So I can definately sympathize with how you felt after being without meds for so long.

Hope that you have a wonderful Sunday!

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • advertisement