Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement

Quick Start Forum Video Tutorial

Forum-Tutorial-Screenshot
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.
advertisement

Steve, SH member, loses his daughter in Afghanistan

marirlpnmmarirlpn Posts: 1,028
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:58 AM in Matters of the Heart
Steve B., aka Steve42, lost his beloved daughter, Kayla, on 12/21/11, one of our brave Army soldiers in Afghanistan. Steve and I have remained good friends, and out of respect for his privacy and his family's, I asked his permission to post this on our forums, which he just gave to me.

He is with his family at an Army base. The Army has been treating him and his family like royalty, a wonderful thing that he completely was surprised about. It is a long process for the family right now and Kayla will not be returned to their hometown for burial at the military section of their cemetery for at least a week. Steve will let me know what the arrangements are when he knows.

Also, if you would like his address he has asked that you privately message that request to me and I will honor him and Kayla's family by providing that information for you.

Messages of condolences on here will be wonderful for Steve to read. I know he will be thrilled.

Please, though, as the media is knocking at their door in WA constantly and they are being bombarded with phone calls from friends and family...which they are dealing with as easily as can be expected, respect his privacy here as well.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to all of you!!!

Marianne
advertisement

Comments

• and what a terrible loss for Steve and his family. This is a particularly difficult time of year to have a bereavement.

Steve, I'll pray for you and your family. So glad to hear that the Army are looking after you well.

Please accept my sincere condolences.

• LizLiz Posts: 9,636
    Sincere condolences for your loss, thinking of you and your family at this sad time.

Liz

Thank you Marianne for the post

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • advertisement
  • I'm so very sorry for your loss.
  • Yep. Its a loss no words can describe, Very sorry buddy! Just got out of pain dr office and had injection and went shoping while i can walk and picked up a condolance card i will be sending you, But sadly there aint a frickin words that will help i am sure,

I hope god gives you the strength to get through this, I dont know how i would handle this kind of situation, God bless brother!
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Steve, my thoughts are with you and your family. I posted on my veterans site as well, as we do consider your daughter our sister as well, even though we may wear uniforms from different countries, we serve side by side. The candle in my window will burn in her memory tonight.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
    We Will Remember Them
    Kelly
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • advertisement
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    For times like this words seem inadequate. I'm very, very sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you strength.

Debbie
  • Thank you all for the wonderful comments. it is nice to have such a wonderful site with many friends. some of you i have chatted with and some ive read your posts. The support on here from the menbers is more than anyone could ask for and for that i thank you all.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 13,243
    I could come up with that with ease some of your pain. I pray for the strength in you and the rest of your family in dealing with this tragic situation.

Ron DiLauro Veritas-Health Forums Manager
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences 
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,745
    There are no adequate words. I'm so sorry buddy.
    Jim
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • No one including me can express in words the depth of their compassion for the anguish you're feeling at the loss of oyur daughter. >:D< , Ess
advertisement